Slow SSL Connection over Cloudflare

Leinad86

Leinad86

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right area to post but I didn't know where else to post it, so feel free to move it.

I have a strange problem here and I need your support.

I have emby running on an Unraid 6.12.4 system. The Emby Docker has version 4.7.14.0

I use Cloudflare and have set cloudflare with pir8radio instructions. Including the page rules.

The whole thing had been running without any problems for 2-3 years until a few days ago.

My internet connection is fiber optic with 1000/500

My problem is that several users have started to report that they can no longer watch smoothly. Some people report small problems, some say they can almost no longer see at all. There are also some who have no problems.

When I looked at it, I noticed strange things that I don't have a solution to.

When I connect via Chrome, for example to Emby, it sometimes runs lightning fast. Page construction is quick as soon as I click on a film it starts immediately without any delay.

So everything as it should be. If I then close Chrome and log into Emby again, it can take up to 30-40 seconds until I am on the home page. Images load slowly, bit by bit, like with a modem. When you start a film, it starts with a long delay and then doesn't run smoothly. I can repeat the whole thing over and over again, sometimes it works great and sometimes it doesn't work at all.

A few days ago I was at my friend's house. He logged in via Chrome and I logged in via iPhone. It worked as usual on the iPhone and it didn't work at all on him. The same then vica versa. The problems actually extend to all devices. From IOS to AndroidTV, Fire Tv Stick etc.

I then opened an HTTP connection to the server to see if that helps. When I log in via HTTP everything goes lightning fast, no matter how many times I try. I gave this connection to a few people to test and all the problems were gone.

For me that means that everything is fine with my Emby installation hardware, internet, etc. For me the error must lie with Cloudflare. Unfortunately I don't know where.

I have attached a few pictures for you with loading times on the homepage. Once with SSL where it takes a very long time. One with SSL where it works quickly and one via HTTP.

I don't understand why it works great once and then not at all. without anything having changed.

I searched everywhere for similar problems but couldn't find anything. I thought maybe that Cloudflare had blocked me, but then things wouldn't work anymore. So that can't be the case either. I also tried turning off caching of images but that didn't help either.

In the Emby settings I tried the connection mode on Revers Proxy but that didn't make any difference. As mentioned above, sometimes it works as it should and sometimes it doesn't work.

Thank you in advance for your help

Webiste HTTP fast .png

Website HTTPS slow.png

Website HTTPS fast.png

embyserver.txt

jaycedk

Recently cloudflare has had some issues.

Cloudflare is (still) struggling with another outage - here's what to know | ZDNET

And it look like they are not fully back from that.

Cloudflare Status and this one Cloudflare Status. Check if Cloudflare is down or having problems. | StatusGator

I'm not sure if that's the issue.

Edited by jaycedk
Add

Leinad86

Okay, that would of course be possible, but shouldn't a lot more people have problems with it? Many people probably use Cloudflare...

Have you had other users with the same problems?

8 hours ago, Leinad86 said:

Okay, that would of course be possible, but shouldn't a lot more people have problems with it? Many people probably use Cloudflare...

Have you had other users with the same problems?

I've not heard of anything related to slow performance with Cloudfare recently.

@pir8radiohave you?