Audio issue in Grundig TV (not smart) - using a steamer

NivX

Hi,

i have a very strange issue in the audio from one of my android steamer. which there is no sound in some of the content from Emby.

the same content works fine within the other TV (different streamer), android app and browsers.

only in one TV/streamer the audio is not working for some of the content, but there is audio passing through since some of the content do work and have audio.

the versions that im using in all TVs is 2.0.98g and 4.7.14.0.

what do you think could be the reason? im assuming it related to the streamer itself, but why some working and some not?

Thanks

btw, found another one with an issue similar to mine:

both series that dont have sound on the streamer but does in browsers are EAC3 format. please see attached

could be that the app on my streamer does not support EAC3 audio?

image.png

image.png

Edited by NivX

14 minutes ago, NivX said:

could be that the app on my streamer does not support EAC3 audio?

Most likely but that would also mean it is reporting that it does support it when it actually doesn't.

Can you please play that item for a few seconds and then follow the instructions to send a log from the app?

Thanks.

Hi. Please follow the instructions to send a log from the app.

Emby for Android TV/Fire TV and Emby for Roku Logs

These apps have the option to send an app log to us electronically.  You enter the settings page and turn on the "Debug Options".  Now there will be a new option on the user menu at the top of your app home page labelled "Send Log".  

If you are using Android TV/Fire TV and your problem is with playback, please send the log directly from the playback OSD.
There will be an option on the "cog" menu.

Reproduce your problem and then use this button to send the log.  Then add the following information to your report in the forum:

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • The time you sent the log (in Eastern Time please - UTC -5)
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

hi, did send the log.

i was playing Loki, S01E2

12:55 Wednesday, in Eastern Time

name of EmbyUser is NivAdmin

Edited by NivX

That's very strange.  What is this device?  Did you try the sideloaded app to see if it behaves the same?

If you set the audio option in the TV app to "Convert unsupported audio to DD" or "Mixdown to stereo" the sound should work.

• Thanks 1

Thanks! its actually works, but it's seems it effect the subtitles now which become gibberish.

i checked in other series and again the subtitles is gibberish when configure to DD, so just to check i changed the audio back from DD to auto, the subtitles works fine but no sound :(

i will, sorry for the noob question but how do i know which APK is the most relevant to install? and im assuming it's sideloading using a USB right?
image.png.4c4c46316b271e771cb5e0824d6c0faf.png

ok, so i've sideloaded emby-android-google-armeabi-v7a-release.apk using X-plore, and was able to connect to the emby-server.

still no sound im afraid, but the subs work

On 11/16/2023 at 7:08 AM, NivX said:

ok, so i've sideloaded emby-android-google-armeabi-v7a-release.apk using X-plore, and was able to connect to the emby-server.

still no sound im afraid, but the subs work

OK @NivXwhat version of android does this device run?