Watch from the last stop?

chudak

Happy Friday!

I am wondering how does Emby keep track of all points where viewers stopped watching video and then continue from that point?

TIA

9 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, your server database doesn't track all stop points for a given video, only the most recent one.

Where is the information about the most recent stop points kept?

TIA

On 11/11/2023 at 10:13 AM, Luke said:

In the library.db database file.

If I sync up the library.db database file between to VMs (I keep running only one at a time) will it work?

7 hours ago, chudak said:

If I sync up the library.db database file between to VMs (I keep running only one at a time) will it work?

That's going to sync a lot more than just watch state. Do you want that? 

But keep in mind if you do, this is not something we are actively testing or even saying is supported, so while I hope it goes well I can't tell you that I know what will happen.

1 hour ago, Luke said:

That's going to sync a lot more than just watch state. Do you want that? 

But keep in mind if you do, this is not something we are actively testing or even saying is supported, so while I hope it goes well I can't tell you that I know what will happen.

Let me explain this a little more.

I run Emby as container on proxmox.  I did setup a second proxmox and restored Emby on it.  So I have two proxmox servers with two identical Emby.

(please don’t ask me why I did it this way!).  Now I plan to use one at the time, but emby get of of sync because or time being down.

The question is how to sync it up?  I’m not too sure I really want it, but if you’d like, you can tell me the details how to make it happen and I will test it.  Maybe it will be useful.  Otherwise no problem 😉 

Officially we don't have a documented way to sync two servers, but in the community you'll have lots of people who have discovered their own ways to achieve what they wanted to do.