Order Collections on Home Screen Display

fridgefins

fridgefins

Love the new ability to add Collections as a Home Screen Section.  I've began using it similarly to how the big streamers display "content/brand hubs."

Screenshot_20231110_041814.png.cf69fcbba3c5fc9070fa44cea0f7010b.png

My feature request is to be able to sort (and ideally select) the collections that get displayed on the Collections Home Screen Section.  As of now (4.8.0.58 beta) all collections are included and appear in alphabetical order regardless of how the Collections Library is configured.  I can see a lot of utility in collections and would love to apply them to more than just brand hubs, but currently cannot without having to have them appear alongside all collections in alphabetical order on the Collections Home Screen Section.

Implementing this would also seem to provide the utility often requested in the forum to display custom or temporary/seasonal items on the home page for users.  Just make a "Top 10" or "Seasonal Favorites" collection and sort it to appear in the Collections Home Screen Section.

Thank you for the consideration

• Like 2

Riddler84
On 11/11/2023 at 7:52 PM, Luke said:

HI, yes we plan to have even more control over this in future updates. Thanks.

Personally, I would love to have the ability to create custom rows on the frontpage without having to write a plugin to create a "channel". I was pretty excited when I read about this "collections on frontpage" thing in the patchnotes, but I quickly realized that it's pretty much useless in its current form. It just saves you one click on the collections library. And only if You search for a collection starting with A or B. Otherwise you have to click 10 times on the right button^^

It would be much better, if we could put the contents of a single collection into a row on the frontpage, similar to how Plex let you do this. This way you could personalize your home screen and make it much more dynamic and interesting. This in combination with automatically maintained collections and the ability to change the collection rows on the frontpage via the API, so that You could change them programmatically via scripts, for example to put your own season collections automatically on the top of everything at the right time. Or to just change them around randomly or via a timed schedule. Endless possibilities.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Locutus64

@Riddler84I like the one idea for helping peeps that heed help finding their latest shows. I have a roommate that I always have to point him at what library something is in. With something like you suggested I can simply make the main row under his libraries his latest shows / movies.

• Thanks 1