Cannot connect to Emby Server Remotely

iiiJoe
Go to solution Solved by iiiJoe,

Hello to all. I’m able to connect with Emby on my IPad and IPhone on my local network with no issues. However, when I try to connect remotely I’m getting this screen… I’ve tried my username and password but I just get an error of invalid username or password. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance everyone 

image.png

sross44

There's a lot that could be going on here. 1) Do you have port forwarding set up? 2) How are you connecting remotely? Through a VPN like tailscale or did you set up a domain name? Again there's a lot that could be causing you to not connect remotely so share as much as you can with everyone to help you. 

Trying to connect with Emby connect on the Emby app on iphone. Works fine on LAN. No joy on WAN. Port forwarding is set up. Thoughts....

Edited by iiiJoe

Also, I have two users set up on my server and I'm not able to log in with either one. They both say invalid username or password

54 minutes ago, iiiJoe said:

Trying to connect with Emby connect on the Emby app on iphone. Works fine on LAN. No joy on WAN. Port forwarding is set up. Thoughts....

The above login screen is not the Emby Connect login screen. That is the login screen for your locally managed users, so the username and password that you enter should come from there.

Makes sense. So, I've reset the password for the user and I'm still getting the same error message: invalid username or password. What step am I missing?

4 minutes ago, iiiJoe said:

Makes sense. So, I've reset the password for the user and I'm still getting the same error message: invalid username or password. What step am I missing?

Where did you reset the password?

Correction. When I use my LAN I can log into connect but cant go any further. When using WAN it says "cannot connect to server"

3 minutes ago, iiiJoe said:

LAN address gets me to the sign in page but my usernames and passwords won't work

What usernames and passwords? Where are they coming from?

Did you ensure that the users have been granted remote access? Is remote access enabled in server network settings?

Can you temporarily enable debug logging in the logs section, repeat the process with the iOS app, and then try again? Thanks.