tmdb plugin small issue

mickle026

mickle026

Not sure where to put this in the correct forum? - info for the plugin dev

@Luke

Issue with Actors / Year (but not with DOB)

when updating the year in actors metadata - ie, manually type it, if tmdb info is available and the year is not present in tmdb data then you cannot put this information and save it, the tmdb plugin updates and makes it blank/empty again.

Can the year not be derived from the DOB if its not present independantly but is there in the DOB?  This would mostly solve this issue.

Thanks

Do we even need a birth year field? My sense is that we should just hide it for people given that it is redundant when we have birth date.

mickle026

No, please dont hide it.  I use it a lot, there are many people where the dob is not available, only the year, and that cannot be entered in the date picker for dob without a day and month.

All I wanted to let you know was that the tmdb plugin was overriding and blanking the year in some cases.

Edited by mickle026

mickle026

Im not refreshing metadata.  I'm manually trying to add the year.  It is removed, ie gone when you reopen the metadata editor, because data is missing the tmdb people is triggered.  I have no control over tmdb people it doesn't turn off when tmdb is not even assigned to the library as a metadata importer.

The only way to stop it is unistall the plugin totally from the server.

Edited by mickle026

• 2 weeks later...
mickle026
On 09/11/2023 at 19:34, mickle026 said:

No, please dont hide it.  I use it a lot, there are many people where the dob is not available, only the year, and that cannot be entered in the date picker for dob without a day and month.

All I wanted to let you know was that the tmdb plugin was overriding and blanking the year in some cases.

Absolutely bleeping Great!

I asked you not to remove the birth year so you just did anyway... in beta .60 , now I have actors whose birth year is known but not the rest of the date and I cannot enter it into metadata editor becasue it says enter a valid date if dd/mm/ are not filled in.  I cannot put 00/00/1988 for example.  I cannot put dd/mm/1988 ..

This is a real pain in the butt.

I don't think two date fields for people make sense. But maybe at some point we can split the release date field into separate fields for day, month and year. That will get rid of the duplication and allow day and month to be null.