Fire TV Stick - Emby donst ask for password.

ThePhantom79

ThePhantom79

Hello, 

I installed emby on a remote Fire TV stick (via Amazon Appstore on web - automatic installation). 

If I open Emby and  I enter for the first time the User / Password - emby dont ask again for the password. If I log out from emby, the App closes completly, but the user is not logged out --> If I open Emby again, the user is logged in without any interaction.

As this should prevent kids from using emby, its very important, that there is an validation when starting the app ...

Any hints? 

GrimReaper
58 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

in app Startup settings

Fire TV app, cog icon top right on Home Screen, Startup tab. 

ThePhantom79

I have only 'Settings' on the upper right corner. 

In the settings, I can't find a startup settings. In App settings I can only manage delete cache, deinstall and so on... 

GrimReaper

In your Emby for Fire TV app, client app you're having issues with, log-in and once on Home Screen press cog icon/go to in-app Settings. 

rbjtech

FYI - Depending on the Server Version (Beta or Stable) and the AndroidTV/FireTV App version - the introduction of an optional 'PIN' has also now been added.

The saving of multiple accounts/passwords to the local device is now allowed and thus, as you have witnessed - this potentially means users can access content by just selecting that user from the 'user list' (another option in the Android TV startup options).

To 'protect' admin or adult accounts from being used by children, the PIN feature is a great addition for use on shared devices.    The PIN is stored on the server, linked to the account - and is the same for each device in use.   When first logging in on that new device - you will be asked if you want it protected by the same account PIN.   If you do, then each time you select to use that account on that device - it will auto log you in - but it will now also ask for the PIN. :)

Edited by rbjtech

ThePhantom79

Hi, 

yes, I didnt know about this menu - so now I get asked about a password each time.

More interesting is th "additional" PIN feature. I cant find it- which version do I need for this ? My Server Version is 4.7.11.0

5 hours ago, ThePhantom79 said:

More interesting is th "additional" PIN feature

Hi. That is a new feature in the upcoming 4.8 server and has not been implemented in the TV app at this time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dodgercunt said:

Does this site actually work as you are making it very difficult 

Hi, can you please describe your issue in more detail? thanks.