Emby WMC on Tyzen (= Samsung SmartTV) and others ?

Peter Nent

Peter Nent

Dear Emby WMC-gui friends!,

Besides the Windows, Web and Android versions, will the WMC-gui Tyzen (and other version) also be available at the beta > go-live fase or ? 

Thnx, Peter

It has taken years(!!!) to get the Emby app into the Samsung store for other countries than the US (and I do not know how long this had taken), so there's not even a chance to get a beta out - without users needing to side-load it (painful procedure which needs to be repeated after a timeout - afaik).

Then - I don't have a Samsung at the moment and I'm not sure whether it would even work well. If at all, then only on new models, which reduces the audience even further.
Eventually, the WMC UI is meant to be integrated into the regular apps. But this is quite a way to go. Only then it will be realistic to have this as an app on new models - if that will do well. 

So I'm afraid, but during beta it won't be possible to cover Tizen.

Peter Nent

The facts which you are stating are absolutely true:

• It took Samsung store too long to adopt 'Emby for Tyzen' into their non-USA store, but knowing Samsung a bit, I feel comfortable that they will adopt a second Emby gui product very much easier....and knowing that Samsung TV's are fairly popular worldwide, I strongly suggest you (and the Emby community) to give it a try !
  • Tyzen seems to be a fairly stable development at Samsung, good chance that a Tyzen-developed WMC-gui will run on most Samsung TV's without a hitch, sure if you contact the most important Emby-Tyzen developers such as SamES via Luke; good chance that these enthousiastic guys will support you or even take it (partually) over from you....I guess.

Ofcourse, Emby WMC gui should be out-of-beta into go-live/production first...!, but I hope & advise you to consider this giant step afterwards: lot of success!

Thnx, Peter

Edited by Peter Nent

The goal is to have a single app for each platform which includes this, but we yet need to see how feasible this will be practically. Attempts to get this integrated at an early stage have failed, but I hope we'll be able to give it another try soon.