Custom set up: Cast list on new tab?

Smitty018210

Smitty018210

First let me say I know nothing about coding so I am going to need some help here.

This there a way for me to add some kind of custom code to the web app that will move the cast list from the main view page into it's own tab or new view page?

The reason I am asking for this is because some movies and TV shows have massive cast list and scanning horizontally through them is driving me nuts.

I what to just see a list vertically (up and down) of all the actors images in one place. This was possible with WMC and I think an older versions of emby theater.

I'm sure it was removed because of clutter or having each of the apps look similar, or what ever, but I can't take scrolling left to right 20-30 times looking for someone.

PLEASE HELP ME! lol

thanks!

Edited by Smitty018210

Hi, there is currently no way to do this. But this topic has come up before, and more options to control the scrolling are always possible for future updates.

Smitty018210
12 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, there is currently no way to do this. But this topic has come up before, and more options to control the scrolling are always possible for future updates.

That's insanely disappointing to hear.

The total lack of customization for this product is so frustrating. It looks so boring to me. Miss all the awesome themes and options we had with WMC.

I know Emby has come along way a way from that time, but dam do I miss it.

All the new under the hood type stuff is great and all, but. I don't use 80-90% of it.

I just what it to look nice and have options to choose from.

Thanks though Luke. Keep up the good work.

Have you seen how many options we have under display and playback settings? There are quite a few.

I understand we don't have this particular option but I don't think it's accurate to say we have a total lack of customization.

Smitty018210
22 minutes ago, Luke said:

Have you seen how many options we have under display and playback settings? There are quite a few.

I understand we don't have this particular option but I don't think it's accurate to say we have a total lack of customization.

Luke thanks for the responds:

I've been around here since 2013. I am not new.

I've used every version of theater, WMC, Ember, the web, android, ect.

The current customization option for theater and the web app not even close to the 5-6 different themes I could use in WMC.

And I could change them at will. If I got board with one then I could change it up anytime I wanted to.

I get that you want all the apps to look the same, similar across the board, but it's boring. No offense.

I know you guys work hard, but I will kill to make this app look fun again.

Edited by Smitty018210

Right but WMC was a single device app. Or single type of device. And also it played the media for us, we just showed the presentation. So MB2 inside of WMC never really had to troubleshoot video playback. So the scope was much smaller and that's what made it possible to spend so much time on things like theming.

Smitty018210
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Right but WMC was a single device app. Or single type of device. And also it played the media for us, we just showed the presentation. So MB2 inside of WMC never really had to troubleshoot video playback. So the scope was much smaller and that's what made it possible to spend so much time on things like theming.

I understand, You need to put your focus on other things and keeping the bus moving down the road.

Looking the same across the board helps with branding I am sure too. Keeping up with "Jones" if you will.

Not hating on Emby at all.

Just wish I had more options again.

• Thanks 1

mgworek

I still miss the days of the cast and suggestions were vertical instead of horizontal. A bunch of us didn't like the change and for awhile we could mess with the css to bring it back but I gave up on that because it kept changing and not sure if it is still possible or not.

Edited by mgworek

Smitty018210
1 hour ago, mgworek said:

I still miss the days of the cast and suggestions were vertical instead of horizontal. A bunch of didn't like the change and for awhile we could mess with the css to bring it back but I gave up on that because it kept changing and not sure if it is still possible or not.

I hate horizontal scrolling. I think it looks awful. Why it ever become the default option for these type of apps is beyond me.

The lack of customization for the way emby looks is sad. I wish I would have stop my server from updating and could still use WMC with the Media browser plugin. I was out of town and didn't know to turn off server update at the time and now it's to late to go back.

mgworek
24 minutes ago, Smitty018210 said:

I hate horizontal scrolling. I think it looks awful. Why it ever become the default option for these type of apps is beyond me.

The lack of customization for the way emby looks is sad. I wish I would have stop my server from updating and could still use WMC with the Media browser plugin. I was out of town and didn't know to turn off server update at the time and now it's to late to go back.

I found the old thread. The CSS hack stopped working and you had to edit the .js file and would need to edit the file for every update. I gave up then because I didn't know where to find the file. The web files are in a different location. Happy2Play was trying to help me. Not sure if any of this is still possible by editing the files or not. I tried to play around this morning but nothing got it to work and the was back in '21.

Smitty018210
1 minute ago, mgworek said:

I found the old thread. The CSS hack stopped working and you had to edit the .js file and would need to edit the file for every update. I gave up then because I didn't know where to find the file. The web files are in a different location. Happy2Play was trying to help me. Not sure if any of this is still possible by editing the files or not. I tried to play around this morning but nothing got it to work and the was back in '21.

Yeah I don't know a thing about coding.

I am an old man. I need simple stupid stuff.

Anything that involves going to the program files is to far beyond me now a days. lol

I tired for a few hours once to downgrade my server version by downloading files from github and it about made my brain explode. 

I didn't really have a clue what I was doing.