Adding homemade videos as a TV Show

linesma
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

I have several videos that I have made that I would like to add them to Emby as a TV show. I was able to do this in Kodi with a custom nfo files for both the TV Show itself and each episode. I also made custom artwork for them as well. When I added my library to Emby, it scraped these videos as a TV Show it found from its standard metadata provider. However, it loaded the custom artwork that I had made for the show instead of what was on the provider.

Is it possible to have this show added properly? I have looked through the Wiki and did some google-fu, but I was not able to find a solution.

If there is a way, how would I have Emby readd/ rescan this show to have it displayed in my library properly?

Thank you.

Hello linesma,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

GrimReaper

If you have properly formatted NFOs, those should be enough. Do you have Metadata Readers>NFO enabled in your library settings? 

7 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

If you have properly formatted NFOs, those should be enough. Do you have Metadata Readers>NFO enabled in your library settings? 

They work in Kodi. I do not know if I do. I have looked in the settings, and am unable to find it. Could you please tell me where that setting is?

Will using the NFO files affect my other files that are scanning properly? Can I set an information provider for just one show?

• Solution
GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, linesma said:

They work in Kodi.

Then they would likely work in Emby. 

3 minutes ago, linesma said:

I do not know if I do. I have looked in the settings, and am unable to find it. Could you please tell me where that setting is?

Settings>Library tab in the sidebar, edit desired library, Metadata Readers section should be near the top, listed right above your preferred providers. 

5 minutes ago, linesma said:

Will using the NFO files affect my other files that are scanning properly?

No, if they don't have associated NFOs. 

5 minutes ago, linesma said:

Can I set an information provider for just one show?

No, that is per-library setting. 

Thank you for the reply. I had to add the nfo plugin. Then I checked my settings, after restarting the server and saw that nfo was the primary information provider. I am now updating my library.

My library is setup for Kodi. So, I have nfo files for all my tv shows. Those that are found on the TVDB, have an nfo file with just the url to their page on that site. It is just my homemade TV Show that has nfo files with full information for every episode and the show itself.

I will let you know what happens.

Okay, the nfo files worked. I had to do some edits on the metadata displayed to get rid of what was initially used. Thank you very much!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1