Password Rest - I need help

Muna_Hunayan

Muna_Hunayan

Good morning! I am trying to log in my Emby account in the media, but it says wrong password/invalid user and i am 100% sure it was correct. I tried to change the password and it does the same thing again, therefore it won't allow me to change the password. Then I tried to go on EmbyMedia and to press "Forgot password", when I type in my my user it shows me a message saying "Please try again within your home network to initiate the password rest process." and therefore, it won't allow me to even rest the password!

Please help, I need to rest my password again!

Emby.png

Hello Muna_Hunayan,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

GrimReaper

Which password you're trying to reset, local user or Connect account? Are you connecting to your own server or someone else's? 

Muna_Hunayan

I am trying to reset the password to enter into my EmbyMedia and watch my shows/movies. I am not sure about the server as I wasn't able to log-in at all, I believe it's someone else's server?

GrimReaper
9 minutes ago, Muna_Hunayan said:

I am trying to reset the password to enter into my EmbyMedia and watch my shows/movies.

Emby is not a streaming service, there's no media on emby.media, that's just Emby's domain. To watch TV shows/movies, you need to either:

1) Have your own server loaded with your own content, or

2) Have a LiveTV tuner configured on your server, or

3) Someone shared their server with you 

In any of those cases, you can log into the server (either your own or someone else's) with local User credentials or (optionally) with linked Emby Connect account credentials (email/password, typically same ones that you log in to this community). If it's local User, only that server admin can do that - if it's not your own server, noone from Emby team can do that for you, and if it is, we can only assist you to try and solve any issues you might be facing to do it yourself on your local network. 

Edited by GrimReaper

Muna_Hunayan

I am going to get connected via someone else's server as you mentioned in option #3. I am quite confused as why I have to use my local network (What does that mean exactly?). I am using my son's account and it is logging in perfectly fine for me and for him as well! Can you send me an email to reset the password on here so I can try my best to log in and resolve the issue? I can log in my Emby account on here, but not in the Emby Media website page.

GrimReaper
26 minutes ago, Muna_Hunayan said:

Can you send me an email to reset the password on here so I can try my best to log in and resolve the issue?

You can change your password under Account settings top-right. 

Edited by GrimReaper