I set to record series...but no episodes record automatically

JeremyG

JeremyG

I cant explain what happens here.  I set Emby to record jeopardy.  The series appears to be setup correctly...but then easy episode had a Grey Dot instead of a red dot.  I have to manually set each episode to get it to record.   What is going on?  Am I dumb and missing something?

image.png.941b4d58f97f8eda7abde78002248a77.png

image.png.fe8f207e0d3874bcade16108fa03159c.png

7 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, what recording options are set on the series?

Hi. Click that "Settings" button you see on that screen and show us what is there.

Thanks.

I have this same issue periodically with this show.

I have Emby set to record new episodes of Jeopardy, and it will record them normally for months, then suddenly stop recording, even though the guide says the episodes are new.

If I delete the series recording and recreate with the exact same settings, the recordings will start up again as expected.

Not sure what the root cause is, but it's happened at least three times over the last couple of years. Most recent was this past week.

I know there's inconsistency among metadata providers with the season and episode numbers, so that may have something to do with it.

Edited by roaku

JeremyG
3 hours ago, roaku said:

I know there's inconsistency among metadata providers with the season and episode numbers, so that may have something to do with it.

Yea but what's weird is that i almsot always delete episodes after I watch them.  So there should really be few if any episodes in my library. 

14 minutes ago, JeremyG said:

Yea but what's weird is that i almsot always delete episodes after I watch them.  So there should really be few if any episodes in my library. 

I don't think Emby is necessarily getting it wrong because it successfully compares an existing recording with an upcoming airing. I think it could be failing somewhere in the attempt to compare and just deciding not to record anything as a result.

But I don't have any particular insight into this. I'm mainly just sharing the fact that I've also had metadata season/ep number issues with this show. The guide, TVDB and TMDB all have different answers at times for which Season/Ep Number aired on a given date, and that seems like a potential issue. It also might be a coincidence.

• Facepalm 1

On 11/10/2023 at 4:17 PM, JeremyG said:

So sorry, I have had a crazy week at work:
image.png.6949c94c14de0e18b70e7260762e32ca.png

@JeremyGcan you show the bottom of this screen where the schedule is displayed? I know you showed a TV screenshot of that but I'd like to see the web app version.

Thanks !

JeremyG

i just cleaned up yesterday,  as I don't keep episodes after they are watched, but this is current media files in library from recording.   And I still see the same behavior, while that check-box is enabled.

image.png

Hi.  Instead of the file system, can we see exactly what Emby thinks you have?  Can you show that series in your library and what episodes show there?

Thanks.