Assistance with TVDB Image Lookup for Series

louij2
Go to solution Solved by louij2,

Hello Emby Community,

I apologize in advance if this topic has been covered previously, but I've encountered a challenge with the TVDB integration on my Emby server. When attempting to retrieve images, I find that it is mistakenly pulling images associated with movie IDs rather than the series IDs they're meant to match.

Could someone guide me on how to ensure that the TVDB integration searches for and applies the correct series images rather than movie images? Is there a way to configure the metadata retrieval to prioritize EPG data for both information and images?

Any insights or guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Hello louij2,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

• Solution

My mistake.

I believe as long as you put in a folder called 'Name (Release Year)' then the metadata works no problem

• Thanks 1

pwhodges

You seem to be suggesting that the same ID numbers can be used for both TV and Movies items.  To the best of my knowledge this is not true of TVDB, but it is in the case of TMDB.

Having separate TV and Movies libraries helps keep things working as you'd expect.  If you use a mixed library, it is more important to stick to the guidelines to enable Emby to reliably separate TV series and Movies - in particular, in a mixed library any TV series should have a Season folder even if there is only one season as this is a major part of how it decides which type of item it is looking up.

The guidelines are set out in detail here:

https://emby.media/support/articles/TV-Naming.html
https://emby.media/support/articles/Movie-Naming.html

Paul

Edited by pwhodges
(typos from faulty keyboard)
  • Thanks 1