Embedded .SRT Subs Display Incorrectly.

Tarin

https://www.redditstatic.com/desktop2x/img/renderTimingPixel.pngAs the title says, whenever I play a video with embedded .srt subs through my AppleTV Emby app, they display ridiculously large filling the whole screen. If I extract them and place the .srt file in the video folder, they display normally. Is this an Emby issue or Apple TV problem?   I have gone into the AppleTV accessibility settings and attempted to tweak the size there, but this has no effect.

MAC OS EMBY SERVER

Version 4.7.14.0
VENTURA 13.6

CLIENT HARDWARE:    Latest AppleTV 4K.   

ffmpeg-transcode-e9eaf11a-e2a2-4a59-8516-1c8da8bd1745_1.txt

When I extracted the .SRT file and had it in the folder with the video, it worked as expected.    I re-embedded the file and the accompanying image was the result.  This seems to be consistent across all videos with embedded .srt files.   Adjust the accessibility settings on the AppleTV has no effect.

IMG_0647.thumb.jpg.c0c66a47fa1ba08914da34c6457c49e1.jpg

As the title says, whenever I play a video with embedded .srt subs through my AppleTV Emby app, they display ridiculously large filling the whole screen. If I extract them and place the .srt file in the video folder, they display normally. Is this an Emby issue or Apple TV problem?   I have gone into the AppleTV accessibility settings and attempted to tweak the size there, but this has no effect.

MAC OS EMBY SERVER: Version 4.7.14.0
MAC OS VENTURA 13.6

CLIENT HARDWARE:    Latest AppleTV 4K.   

SCREEN CAP
IMG_0647.jpg.818f911f3045334a35166afef19fa729.thumb.jpg.f447397a9dce9ac1ab88773d90fc55a7.jpg

ffmpeg-transcode-e9eaf11a-e2a2-4a59-8516-1c8da8bd1745_1.txt

Luke,  

I have discovered the problem though I can’t explain why this should be happening.   My normal video settings for AppleTV are. to have it selected for 4K SDR with Range Match set to ON AND Frame Match set to off.   The majority of my 4K library us comprised of HDR10 with a smattering of SDR, with the majority of 1080p content being SDR.

What I have discovered is that titles encoded with Dolby Vision exhibit this unusual behavior with my usual HDR video settings.  When I switch from HDR to Dolby Vision,  the problem is resolved.   This only happens with embedded subtitles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, no.  This was the version I was using when I reported the problem.   FYI,  I ran these same videos on the Apple TV using INFUSE streaming the Emby Library.  No problem.  It's something screwy with Emby.