Grahpics and some data not showing up

MarkTheNewf

MarkTheNewf

This just started happening perhaps 2 days ago.  Images for the 'On now' or other items that appear on demand.  Rebooting did not fix.  Uninstalled and reinstalled ET on the local machine but no joy.  This issue shows up on any windows machine on the network.  Would this be an Emby Server issue?  Do I have to remove and reinstall?  If so, is there any way of fixing this without loosing all my settings and such that I've developed over the past month or so of fiddling?  FWIW, the server is recording TV as scheduled and local files (ex. music or movies) on either a local HD or my NAS are showing up ok.  It seems like it has something to do with getting info online?  Note that the computer does have internet access and we can freely surf online with it so there shouldn't be any sort of connectivity issue that I can see.

Running server version 4.7.14.0 (shown as up-to-date) and Emby for windows 1.1.514.0.

image.thumb.jpeg.8f2575508753ad3e4363d5d96f8cd3cd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.24426567831f0a1dbdb5dbedb6695338.jpeg

MarkTheNewf
20 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, please attach the emby server log from when the problem occurred:

Thanks.

See attached as well as the hardware detection log (not sure if that helps).  Looks like it started on that Saturday morning boot up for some reason.  It's had a couple of days to 'recover' but doesn't seem to have done so.

Cheers,

Mark

embyserver-63834670605.txt hardware_detection-63834670619.txt

HI, are you sure this is the right log? What time did the problem occur? This is only a few hours of activity starting at 12am. Thanks.

MarkTheNewf

I sent the file of that day (11/4/2023).  I have no idea how big the files are supposed to be or how long they cover.  I can tell you that there are multiple logs files on that day, as shown below.  I'll try to attach them as well.

image.thumb.png.437fb39d5001c04fa28eb0cbcbe1cbd6.png

It really has gone to crap, though.  Nothing seems to be working correctly and I feel like I'm going to have to reset everything.  That would be a real pisser since I've only been running for perhaps a bit over a month and have just gotten it to a point where it was getting useful.

hardware_detection-63834731446.txt hardware_detection-63834724458.txt hardware_detection-63834722899.txt hardware_detection-63834714571.txt hardware_detection-63834714447.txt hardware_detection-63834714350.txt hardware_detection-63834714257.txt embyserver-63834739200.txt embyserver-63834724444.txt embyserver-63834722876.txt embyserver-63834714476.txt embyserver-63834714433.txt embyserver-63834714327.txt

Edited by MarkTheNewf

@MarkTheNewfare you still running into this? We get our guide images from Gracenote and in your logs I can see that all image requests are timing out and failing.

That means either they had a brief outage at the time of your problem (unlikely), or you have something blocking the connection. 

MarkTheNewf

Yes, this is still going on (randomly) and there are other issues as well (not recording 'new' programs, etc.).  I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and remove it and reinstall it all.  Kinda sucks, but oh well.

If you have something blocking your server's connection to our guide data provider, then I don't necessarily think reinstalling the server is going to make a difference. Better to just get to the bottom of it. Typical causes of that are firewall, security software or VPN. Can you look into those and let us know what you find?

• 1 month later...
MarkTheNewf

So I've fiddled with this some more.  No idea as to why, but it seems that it looses the server connection for that function.  If I go into the app, and select 'change server' and just re-select it, the problem fixes itself.  Weird.  I figure it's some windows gremlin of some type as I don't see how/why the app would loose it's connection to the server as it's on the same machine.

• Thanks 1