Channels, an addon for VirtualTv

VicMoore

VicMoore

When @pünktchendesigned VirtualTv, he cleverly included an interface that allows users to create their own user interfaces. This plugin is one example. It extracts your channel definition from VirtualTv so they can be viewed and edited. Later they are saved back into VirtualTv. In this way users can experiment with different GUIs for defining the content of VirtualTv channels. The Channels GUI is displayed below. It's derived from @pünktchenjavascript code and I give him all of the credit for this creation.  My coding is neither perfect nor complete. It is a start to learning which GUI best serves defining which Emby content to include in a tv channel. I believe VirtualTv is focused on building the TV EPG, the rules that map the Emby media into an EPG channel and creating the playlist sent to a TV.

I just made many changes to the plugin herein. If you find bugs, I will fix then ASAP.  I am currently working on allowing multiple VirtualTv channel definitions that can be loaded into VirtualTv on a time schedule. For example, you could have a different VirtualTv configuration for each day of the week.

Sample pictures of the Channels GUI are shown below. Give it a try.  

I will add more content in a few days.

Vic

image.png.274454151dfd4f4591d3baaaac9b600c.png

image.png.317159e129dab553e3f3232ce7ecf345.png

image.png.91c9ecdfc3b6f4bc2ee40d8b1748b10b.png

image.png.5e82bf84b5241069443303187293b8d2.png

Emby.Channels.dll

• Like 2

VicMoore

A request was made for the Channels plugin source code.  All of my code is free to everyone to use as they desire. My goal is just to learn and have fun solving problems. The code is attached below.

Vic

Channels.zip