MovieDb unable to get images for Collections

Dan64
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

I'm using Emby Server 4.4.30 with MovieDb Plugin 1.3.8.0 and recently Emby is not more able to get the images.

Looking to the log it seems that the query is performed correctly, here an example:

Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/collection/929336?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=images

Also the response seems to be OK, but the images are not downloaded. I attached the (trimmed) log file.

embyserver_sample.txt

• Solution
11 hours ago, Dan64 said:

Ok, but the plugin is updated to the last version, the fetching from MovieDb should be managed by the plugin.

Hi, not exactly. The latest version of the MovieDb plugin is actually 1.7.3. You've got 1.3.8, which is the latest available for the old 4.4.3 server.

So the user above is right. I would suggest updating to Emby Server 4.7.14, and then you'll get a newer MovieDb plugin with it.

On 11/5/2023 at 3:15 PM, jaycedk said:

Ohh wow you are way behind, my server is running 4.7.14.0

I upgraded to version 4.7.14 and the management of TheMovieDb collections was totally removed. So while previously I had only the problem to get the images, now I lost all the collections created with TheMovieDb. Did you checked before provide your (not useful) solution ?    

Edited by Dan64

I upgraded (again) to 4.7.14 and checked the box "Import collections..." and forced a rescan of library, nothing happen, no collections are created.

If I press the "button add to collection" is not shown the possibility to add the collection from "metadata downloaders".

But how can Emby know that there is a collections if the required field has been removed ?

In the attachment you can see the metadata page of  4.4.3

Emby_4.4.3_metadata.JPG

this is the metadata page of 4.7.14, the information regarding the collection is missing, how can Emby know that there is a collection ? 

Emby_4.7.14_metadata.JPG

This is the movie details page of Emby 4.4.3, at the bottom you can see that there is the button to navigate to TheMovieDb Collection, this is totally missing in 4.7.14.

Emby_4.4.3_collections.JPG

I must downgrade (again) to 4.4.3

Edited by Dan64

I found the following post:

As written in the post: "there were a lot of database and metadata structure changes between Emby 4.5 and Emby 4.6"

The plugin helps in restoring the images and the collections.

But it is still not clear to me how are managed the collections in Emby 4.6/4.7 so please provide more info.

Thank you

Edited by Dan64