change to beta version

Doch1974

Doch1974

I would like to install the beta version that I read here on the forum and improve the scanning of folders etc
I ask you if by installing the beta version I lose all configurations, users, libraries etc. and have to redo everything from scratch

I suspect the release version with these changes couldn’t be too far away, so unless you actually want to be on the beta version (and the risks that entails - it is beta for a reason) then it’s probably better to hold out. 

With regards to your specific question, you shouldn’t lose config, etc, but again, it is beta and there have been a lot of changes so it is possible that you may have some issues jumping over (and you can’t easily go back). 

Once it does go to release you should be able to expect a more stable upgrade process but there are sure to be a few wrinkles on day one. 

The other question is: what specific improvements are you looking for?  Can you share examples of things that aren’t working for you now?  It’s possible they are just related to the structure of your library in which case even beta won’t help you. 

• Agree 1

as I have already opened other topics, the problems I have and that I have the folders named differently and therefore when I scan the libraries 90% of the files are not updated and I have to do it manually, especially in TV series
then I noticed that the scan is 2 days old and it only increased by 0.2% in 2 days
Another problem I had was that when I added another folder in the library and scanned everything again it deleted posters etc of what I had already done manually
Here are the reasons I wanted to test the beta version
I'll start by saying that I come from plex and have used it for many years without having these problems
and the files are always the same
I updated some manual folders but I think it's normal
but all these files with infinite scanning seems excessive in my opinion
So I wanted to understand where I can act to also speed up the scanning of the library
I should start by saying that I have a mega server with 256 GB of RAM and an excellent processor

I installed the beta version in a vps to try it out
I added some folders and it is analyzing them
However, I got to about 93% but I still don't see any added files on the home page
it's normal??

I haven't placed the license yet because it's a test

2 hours ago, annibal said:

I correct myself, I put the license key thinking that was the problem
scan finished and on the home page I don't see anything about the libraries I added

hardware_detection-63834853770.txt 138.18 kB · 0 downloads embyserver(17).txt 10.24 MB · 1 download

Hi, did you check library access permissions for the logged in emby user to ensure they are granted access to the library?

Doch1974

sorry but I didn't understand which folders I should check
go did a clean install in a vps
if you write to me which folder to check because when I installed the non-beta version I didn't make any changes to the folder permissions

• 3 weeks later...