Audio fails to play on HD UK live TV via HDHomerun

EdenCrow
Go to solution Solved by SamES,

EdenCrow

Hi,

I am having an issue where audio will not play for live HD UK channels playing via a HDHomeRun Flex Quatro on my Samsung TV. If I lower the quality so that Emby transcodes the stream then the audio will transcode and play correctly. However, I was hoping there would be a way for Emby to detect that the only the audio requires transcoding so as to not have to constantly change quality depending on the channel I am watching. All other non-HD and non-HDHomeRun channels play sound correctly.

Here's some info on my setup:
Emby Server version: 4.7.14.0
TV Model: 2021 55 AU9000 Crystal UHD 4K HDR Smart
Emby Player Version: Emby for Samsung 1.6.4

I have attached images for the 'Stats for Nerds'  for when audio will and won't play, as-well as I believe the correct ffmpeg log for when transcoding occurs.

Is there any way I could possibly fix this, perhaps by forcing a certain audio format for these HD channels? Or is this a fix that requires an app update? Any help would be appreciated, many thanks :)

PXL_20231105_003349717.jpg

PXL_20231105_003247882.jpg

ffmpeg-transcode-b3dfe7a3-6d3d-41a2-8fb1-a2e7dbadecea_1.txt

• Solution

We’ve already disabled aac_latm for 2022 and newer models, but if you’re having issues than we should also disable it for 2021 as well. 

There’s not really anything you can do at your end to help this other than reduce the quality as you have done.