Android app slow to start playing all video types

csjjpm

Hi,

I am not sure if I have changed a setting on my server but playback on Android tablets and phones, on the home network and away from home on internet is very slow to start.  It is a server setting as it happens for all user names.  It is NOT an issue for laptop or ROKU TV playback.  If I play the files through other media servers like Plex they play instantly or from a local network mount with VLC.

Depending on the video type it can take 10 seconds for MP4 to upto 30+ seconds for a MKV.  I am running a Truecharts on my TrueNas server.

I do not get any buffering once it starts.

Is there some way I can test or reset server playback settings to improve the playback start time?

Thanks

Paul

I have just found the earlier post someone said the issue was caused by Cloudflare.  I don't want to remove Cloudflare.  I'll look at the post about comparing reverse proxy settings

9 hours ago, csjjpm said:

I have just found the earlier post someone said the issue was caused by Cloudflare.  I don't want to remove Cloudflare.  I'll look at the post about comparing reverse proxy settings

Hi, please let us know what you find. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...