Live TV Playback Stops After a Couple Minutes

MattMadison

MattMadison

I have the same issue. Trying emby to replace plex. Not going to switch with this issue. Event if it got fixed: plex delivers EPG. Not sure if I should switch.

emby 4.7.14.0 on Synology. Problem in Safari 17.0 under macOS 14.0. Don't have this issue in Firefox.

justinrh
1 hour ago, MattMadison said:

plex delivers EPG

What do you mean?  I use Emby's built-in TV channel guide data.

Also, how consistent is the amount of time before playback stops?

MattMadison

Sorry, had to tell, I need EPG for german TV. 

I have to test, when it stops. But it's every time around 1 or 2 minutes, I think.

OK so this is happening in the safari browser. Two things - did you move the browser to the background by any chance?

Also can you try our hosted web app and let us know how that compares?

http://app.emby.media

Thanks !

MattMadison

I can't login there, because Safari thinks, the login would be a registration form. It sets a password suggestion but unlike on other websites I'm not even able to use an own password. I had this problem a few weeks ago. Used then firefox, but now for testing the streaming in safari this wouldn't be a useful workaround.

But we can stop here. Thanks for your help, but I will stay with Plex for now. There some more issues. I don't want to try emby for now. I think I will try again in a few months or years. 

I can't login there, because Safari thinks, the login would be a registration form. It sets a password suggestion but unlike on other websites I'm not even able to use an own password.

@MattMadison

Hi, why can't you enter a new username and password? What exactly happens when you try?

But we can stop here. Thanks for your help, but I will stay with Plex for now. There some more issues. I don't want to try emby for now. I think I will try again in a few months or years. 

Hi, are you sure? we're happy to help. Wouldn't you rather have a personal media server as opposed to one that puts your information into the cloud?