Emby Client fails to load on second time after fresh install

maxnb
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Hello Emby community,

I've been facing a unique issue with my Emby Client, and I need your assistance in resolving it. Here's a detailed overview:

Emby Server Version: 4.7.14.0

Emby Client Version: 2.0.93g

Operating System of Emby Server: Microsoft Windows 11, version 10.0.22621

I connect to my Emby Server from Android TV device where I got Emby Client installed.

My issue is that everything works just fine when I use Emby Client for the first time. Issue starts upon closing the Emby client and starting it for the second time, the client stays on loading screen forever. If I re-install the app and start it it works just fine the first time, Loading screen flickers fast by and I am able to choose the user to login, but then again if I close the app and start it second time the app is stuck on loading screen. The same is also true if I clear the cache for Emby Client and start the app, it starts just fine, lets me choose the user and takes me to home screen where I can see my library.

I've had Emby for 2 months now and this started happening just few days ago. Devices (Server and Emby Client) are on the same LAN and WiFi. My networking device is Unifi UDM Pro with default settings and security features that are standard.

Can someone help me figure this out? I've subscribed to Emby Premium in hopes to get best out of it and now after 2 months it's failing me on all but first start after fresh install.

first start

first_start.jpg

Second start

second_start.jpg

Either delete the app and reinstall it or clearing the cache and app will function again and not get stuck on loading screen...

clear_cache.jpg

Edited by maxnb

Hello maxnb,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

• Solution

Hi.  Make sure the addresses shown on the Emby server dashboard are correct.  If they are, try logging out (actually choose "sign out") from the app and then logging back in.

• Thanks 1

how does this look?

workstation where Emby Server I access it here: 192.168.1.7:8096, while dashboard mentions: http://192.168.1.61:8096/ is that Ok? I have no idea where .61 comes from, so I took it that Emby Server reserved this address? Logging out on Emby Client app did not help, logging out on server side also doesnt change Client behaviour. Please assist further.

image.png.32ccb240b5e4ea95295c2c1baa403bec.png

I solved it, I had to override the IP in network section and I gave workstation static IP. I guess the .61 could have come from before, when the machine had that dynamic IP address given to it by network device? And Emby remembered it, and when server got new address Emby would still use old one? image.png.17ff4d550fccf9a39993ba71ec97e509.png

Edited by maxnb

Emby server should normally detect when the local lan address changes.

See if you can set a static IP address for your router so that it never changes. Then you can remove the override you just added.

The problem with overriding it is that now it’s your responsibility to keep it up to date if it changes. If you forget to do this then it’s going to lead to connection problems.

• Thanks 1

stevespaw

I had the same issue - pulling my hair out. 

New Google TV boxes

I use hostname for Emby usually. This was auto detected the first time and worked great.

Second time - same as everyone else here.

Uninstalled and manually put in the IP address - now all seems to be fine. I think that there is an issue with hostname.

BTW ONN 4K TV boxes on every TV now - game changer - same remote every room in the house and works with Home assistant. 🙂 for $20.

( It says rookie, but I have been EMBY since early MediaBrowser)

Edited by stevespaw
  • Thanks 1

On 31/10/2023 at 19:49, Luke said:

Emby server should normally detect when the local lan address changes.

See if you can set a static IP address for your router so that it never changes. Then you can remove the override you just added.

The problem with overriding it is that now it’s your responsibility to keep it up to date if it changes. If you forget to do this then it’s going to lead to connection problems.

I have given it static IP address for now. Not sure why Emby Server bugged out for now, it has worked with DHCP for 2 months or so... I'm just happy I got it working again, I dont mind setting the IP as server will be keeping the same address now

Edited by maxnb

stevespaw

For Additional context - my Emby server has more than one Ethernet adapter. If that helps diagnose the issue. This Android TV is the only client that I have seen this issue with.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2023 at 9:03 AM, stevespaw said:

For Additional context - my Emby server has more than one Ethernet adapter. If that helps diagnose the issue. This Android TV is the only client that I have seen this issue with.

Thanks

Hi, have you tried giving your server a static ip address?