Multiple Problems

boyolo3

I installed the Emby server on my Asustor NAS using app central. I then installed Emby on my Roku. When I open the app on Roku, it sees my server and prompts me to login. When I do, I get an error saying invalid id or password. I've double checked account details, even created new accounts on the server, but nothing works. 

Then, I created an account using the Emby community option to try and get in that way. Went through all of that process, then when I enter the info, the app immediately shuts down. Afterwards, the app shuts down immediately as soon as I try to reopen it. 

Is there an interface where I'm supposed to create accounts specifically for Emby? If so, damned if I can find it. Otherwise, what is going on? Why can developers create an app that works, and goes through qa to make sure?

Extremely frustrated!

pwhodges
23 minutes ago, boyolo3 said:

Why can developers create an app that works, and goes through qa to make sure?

QA could be said to be the number of installations working perfectly...

Have you looked at the server log to see why the logins were rejected?  Or you could post it here for the devs to look at.

Paul

Apologies. You might be able to fix this. Log into your Emby server as administrator and choose "Manage Server"

image.png.0fb16e4446cd0a8dd512aff9c50fac4f.png

On the devices tab do you see any Roku devices shown? If you have Roku devices you can delete them all. Do not worry they are recreated when a user users that devices and authenticates again. This should resolve the invalid username/password error unless it is something bigger.

----------

If you do not have any Roku devices on the devices tab to remove and/or have new Roku devices shown and still get the invalid username/password error with the new devices we would need to see logs of this after the error occurs.

The link above explains how to give us some of the information we need.

When I do, I get an error saying invalid id or password. I've double checked account details, even created new accounts on the server, but nothing works. 

Hi, how were you able to create new accounts on the server if you can't login to it?

Then, I created an account using the Emby community option to try and get in that way.

Hi, this will not help. The community login system is different from  your own locally managed users.

pwhodges

When you try to log in at the Roku are you using your local credentials on the Connect login?

Paul

Thank you for the answers so far, and I apologize about the app that works coent. I've let my frustration get the best of me. 

So, I am missing something fundamental here, and that is the Emby server interface. Following the instructions I had, I installed Emby on my NAS using App Central. I can't find anything that looks like a controller for the Emby server. When I installed it, there was no prompt or anything asking about settings and there was no interface. How can I find this?

Screenshot_20231030_201617_AiMaster.jpg

pwhodges

I have no experience of using a NAS, and don't know how you are communicating with it; but the basic method of running Emby is to connect to it using a browser, and using the default admin login as a starting point, get to the main dashboard and settings options.

On something like Windows, the browser will be launched for you, connecting to localhost:8096, but I have no idea if the NAS offers an equivalent.  So the first step should be to contact the NAS using a browser on port 8096.  But I would expect it to be necessary to open that port in the NAS's firewall first - do you have any instructions for that? 

It would be helpful to know what NAS you are using so that people can know if it's one that they can help with.

Paul

Hi, yes please try accessing Emby from a browser using the address mentioned above. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.