Music library audio in MP4 format, no images

suming
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

I have some pure audio files in *.mp4 format in my music library, the type of media library is music, and it seems impossible to find these files. *.mp4 file seems to be blocked in the music type media library.
Since these audio files are Dolby Panoramas music, they are in *.mp4 format. I hope the music genre will increase support for this.
I didn't want to create another music video type media library because they are pure audio files and don't have any images. And I put the audio together with regular *.flac and other formats.

(我的音乐库中有一些 *.MP4 格式的纯音频文件,媒体库的类型是音乐,似乎无法发现这些文件。*.mp4文件似乎在音乐类型的媒体库中被屏蔽了。
因为这些音频文件是杜比全景声的音乐,所以他是*.mp4格式。我希望音乐类型可以增加对此的支持。
我并不想另外在创建一个音乐视频类型的媒体库,因为他们是纯音频文件,并没有任何图像。并且我将这些音频和普通的*.flac等格式的音频放到了一起。)

• Solution
FrostByte

You could try M4A which is the extension for audio only format just like MKA is the audio only extension for matroska.  I have all my Dolby Atmos pure audio music albums in M4A format and it works fine in an Emby music library.  Triggers Atmos and all.  You can even tag M4A using Mp3tag app and musicbrainz data.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, FrostByte said:

You could try M4A which is the extension for audio only format just like MKA is the audio only extension for matroska.  I have all my Dolby Atmos pure audio music albums in M4A format and it works fine in an Emby music library.  Triggers Atmos and all.  You can even tag M4A using Mp3tag app and musicbrainz data.

It seems possible to simply rename *.mp4 to: *.m4a without using a tool for conversion

• Like 1