Emby stops working after about 45m

jgauthier

jgauthier

Just started  using emby and installed it on my firestick. After about 45m of listening to music I notice the music isn't playing.. I grab the firestick remote and wake the TV up and emby is not longer running.    I haven't tried any other media (TV/movies)  yet, or a different firestick.

jgauthier

embyserver.zipThe first time it stopped playing was 10:45 in the logs, the second was around 11:40.

I didn't see anything - but I don't have a trained eye for the emby logs at this point.

pwhodges

Nothing strikes me - except that your server is getting a lot of intrusion attempts which are being stopped by the recent security changes:

2023-10-28 00:05:43.584 Debug HttpServer: InitRemoteConnectionInfo - ipAddressFromHeaders: ‌‍‍192.168.80.88‌
2023-10-28 00:05:43.584 Debug HttpServer: InitRemoteConnectionInfo - rejecting ipAddressFromHeaders as on local network

But I don't suppose that's relevant.

Paul

23 hours ago, jgauthier said:

and wake the TV up

Hi.  It sounds like your Fire is going to sleep.  Have you checked those settings on the device?

jgauthier
22 hours ago, pwhodges said:

Nothing strikes me - except that your server is getting a lot of intrusion attempts which are being stopped by the recent security changes:

2023-10-28 00:05:43.584 Debug HttpServer: InitRemoteConnectionInfo - ipAddressFromHeaders: ‌‍‍192.168.80.88‌
2023-10-28 00:05:43.584 Debug HttpServer: InitRemoteConnectionInfo - rejecting ipAddressFromHeaders as on local network

But I don't suppose that's relevant.

Paul

That's my desktop PC. 

jgauthier
1 hour ago, ebr said:

Hi.  It sounds like your Fire is going to sleep.  Have you checked those settings on the device?

Hm, maybe it is.  But neither the Amazon Music nor Plex app exhibit this kind of behavior.   Do you have a firestick? There isn't a way to disable a sleep mode.  But why would it go to sleep while playing media?

pwhodges
38 minutes ago, jgauthier said:

That's my desktop PC. 

Do you have a remote proxy?

Also, what is ‌‍‍172.19.0.13‌?

Paul

jgauthier

No remote proxy. That IP address is the emby server (docker internal IP) 

I did change emby to present the docker hosts IP but either will work on my LAN.

11 hours ago, jgauthier said:

No remote proxy. That IP address is the emby server (docker internal IP) 

I did change emby to present the docker hosts IP but either will work on my LAN.

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

jgauthier

@Luke

It took me a little while to get back to this - life being what it is.

A couple of updates.

1) Emby has completely stopped playing Music on this specific firestick. I've removed and reinstalled. It does work on my other firestick.

I enabled debugging and I uploaded a log associated with the playback not happening.

2) Using the standard android app does not experience the same issue I opened.  I've been playing back for almost an hour without issue.

52 minutes ago, jgauthier said:

I uploaded a log associated with the playback not happening

I don't see any errors per se but the log is filled with the websocket being closed and attempts to re-connect it.  Must be related.  Is there a proxy involved?

jgauthier

I have a reverse proxy in front of emby that terminated SSL, yes.

I do not have any issues playing movies back, and the android app works!

On 11/6/2023 at 10:30 AM, jgauthier said:

@Luke

2) Using the standard android app does not experience the same issue I opened.  I've been playing back for almost an hour without issue.

Hi, are you happy continuing to use this?

jgauthier
5 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, are you happy continuing to use this?

Yeah, it's workable.  The next time there is an app update I will try again.

• Thanks 1