No targets displayed when hitting the "cast" icon

mmcc73

I'm using Emby for iOS 2.2.13 on an iPhone 12 running iOS version 17.1

In the Emby app, when I tap the cast icon in the top left corner, I get a little overlay on the bottom of the screen that says "Play On", but there are no targets listed underneath.

I can cast from other apps on the phone. I can cast from Emby via the web interface in a chrome browser on a PC.

Any suggestions?

A Chromecast Audio and a regular Chromecast that is plugged into a TV.

I was wanting to play music from my library using the Chromecast Audio. It is seen by Tidal and YouTube Music.

Thanks!

Hi, are you positive it's on the same local network? Are you using multiple subnets, a vpn, or is there anything complex about your network you can share that might have an impact?

We don't actually do this detection ourselves. We embed the google cast developer libraries and it tells us what chromecast devices it finds.

I am positive I'm on the same network. There are no VPNs currently turned on.

If I go into another app that can cast - say YouTube, YouTube Music, Netflix, or Prime Video - and hit the cast icon, I see the expected devices. In Emby I don't see them.

Thanks!

Hi Luke - it looks like I do indeed have 2.2.14. The behavior now is slightly different: the "Play On" menu comes up, but the only choice is "iPhone" - neither my ChromeCast Audio or Chromecast with Google TV are shown.

I double checked the YouTube and YouTube Music apps, and my Chromecasts are shown when I click the Cast icon there. My phone is on the same network as those devices.

I'm  having the exact same issue.  Local network permissions are granted but nothing is showing up.  My TV with chromecast is showing up in any other app. I am on 2.2.15

IMG_6869.PNG

IMG_6870.PNG

IMG_6871.PNG

Edited by roque24
App version