Blank screen during direct play

ITGuy1024

My only issue is I liked the interface of the Android TV app over the standard app (Missing Previous/Play/Next option), is there is somewhere I can suggest improvements?

HI, yes, in the feature requests section.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
XcOM9876

I have to comment, that the Android app vs the Android TV app has soo many differences that make it a pain to use, not able to disable picture in picture, odd freezing, slow, buggy interface, playing with audio but no image and no button presses or interface appear on screen, on occasion will refuse to launch, and will some times say no streams and the only fix for some of these is the reboot the TV which isn't ideal.

The generic Android app needs a lot of work before its ready for TV's I feel.

1 hour ago, XcOM9876 said:

I have to comment, that the Android app vs the Android TV app has soo many differences that make it a pain to use, not able to disable picture in picture, odd freezing, slow, buggy interface, playing with audio but no image and no button presses or interface appear on screen, on occasion will refuse to launch, and will some times say no streams and the only fix for some of these is the reboot the TV which isn't ideal.

The generic Android app needs a lot of work before its ready for TV's I feel.

Hi there @XcOM9876, can you please provide a specific example of what you mean? Thanks.

XcOM9876

Hiya, sorry for the rant, 

With the Android TV app for example, if I get a popup to tell me the screen needs a refresh (OLED Joy lol) it will close the app, and I reload it, that's fine, with the standard Android App it moves to a small window in the corner, I then tell it to go full screen and it will on occasion just load a black screen but the audio will continue playing.

I generally find the app a little slow compared to the TV app.

When launching the app, it loads a grey screen first, and a few seconds later will show the emby splash screen as it loads, other times it will just sit on the grey screen and then close.

Just now it went to play the next episode of show and it was just running through app episodes saying "No compatible stream", if I tried to play something else after reloading the app it would just close the app rather than playing, rebooting the tv fixes this, the grey loading block, and the black/blank screen

• Thanks 1