Network had to be reconfigured, now my remote SSL is borked.

brushie

Before I went messing with things I probably should of just left alone, I had my remote WAN setup working through port 8920 and had HTTPS working with the Let'sEncrypt setup.

Tried to setup Link Aggregation on my TrueNAS Core system, failed, and tried to reset everything back. Along the way of tinkering with my home setup to get it to work, I changed my ip address of 192.168.69.x to 192.168.1.x then back to what it was before (troubleshooting why LA wasn't working). I got my system back and running, but noticed that Emby started up on 192.168.69.14 instead of .11 that it usually was (I gave it a reserved spot for DHCP). Odd, so just went to change it, realized the UPNP settings prevented moving the ports around so I just reset it on my router, had everything just moved over to .14 if DHCP wanted it there that bad.

I can access it fine with my local address, but remote WAN access isn't giving me any luck but only for just a few devices. I believe I have to clear something to fix that up, just not sure what (already tried cache). Haven't touched any of the SSL files, as getting it running on my TrueNAS was a big enough hurdle I didn't want to break.

On 10/27/2023 at 2:19 PM, Luke said:

Hi, what exactly happens when you try to connect remotely?

Currently a PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR for the HTTPS version.
Working just fine with HTTP.

Double checked that my Let's Encrypt setup was still working using a remote login into TrueNAS directly, it's what I used for my pfx file, checks out for that. One odd thing I've noticed is the Dashboard went from listing the remote WAN connection as my HTTPS port before messing with my network, to my HTTP port without changing any of the network settings myself.

On 10/28/2023 at 4:56 PM, brushie said:

Currently a PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR for the HTTPS version.
Working just fine with HTTP.

Double checked that my Let's Encrypt setup was still working using a remote login into TrueNAS directly, it's what I used for my pfx file, checks out for that. One odd thing I've noticed is the Dashboard went from listing the remote WAN connection as my HTTPS port before messing with my network, to my HTTP port without changing any of the network settings myself.

If that happened then it could be that it's failing to load your certificate. I would make sure the server can access the certificate path that you configured, and that the file is still there. Does that help?

On 10/29/2023 at 11:33 PM, Luke said:

If that happened then it could be that it's failing to load your certificate. I would make sure the server can access the certificate path that you configured, and that the file is still there. Does that help?

I have the pfx file into somewhere the jail has access to, and double checked the file permissions were under the emby user and group under TrueNAS. Also made another pfx file of my certificate just to be extra sure, no dice. I did also notice for my http port, it seems like opening the link keeps forcing it into https, which causes an SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG. I set my secured setting to off, and it's still trying to go to an https version of my http port. Also verified my Firefox isn't running HTTPS only mode either.

• 2 weeks later...

if so, can you please attach the emby server log from when the server is first starting up? That's when it tries to load the SSL certificate. What you provided here is a log starting from midnight but I need to see earlier than that. Thanks !