Android TV Not Reporting Anything

thefuzz4
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

thefuzz4

So I just left plex for emby.  Got it installed in a LXC within proxmox and it works great (with the exception of when it was doing the initial scan, that took forever and kept getting OOM on the box so I increased the LXC from 8GB to 16GB and it seemed to help)

So anyways for some reason with my Android TV clients nothing is being reported.  I am using CloudFlare and HAProxy with PFSense to send the traffic back to the server.  (I am considering adding a CF Tunnel just haven't done it yet) But when watching on a Android client I cannot mark anything as played, if I'm watching something it doesn't show up in the dashboard and it doesn't track progress so if I go from one TV to another I cannot pickup where I left off at.  I'm tailing the log files and watching for anything to be reported there and the only thing of any relevance is a 401 error and the token getting reissued for the client.  I don't know if its because I have my LAN IPs listed in the local list although I don't think that really matters since my server is actually offsite but I do have a site-to-site VPN but I really don't care if it knows I'm local/remote.  

I had someone else test this out and I can see their stream show up in the dashboard but I cannot see anything related to any of my streams.  Its just weird. 

Hi, have you seen this about haproxy, and does it help?

Different issue i know yes, but you never know.

thefuzz4

Thank you for the hint @LukeI did not see that but I will give it a shot and see how it goes.  I'm still dealing with the server getting OOM where it just eats up all of the RAM on the box until the process finally just dies.  It only happens when its trying to scan the libraries.  I know I have big libraries and I've seen others that have had this issue with large libraries.  

thefuzz4

Ok I think that this might be related to my issue with the OOM 

I disabled the photo library for now as I understand there is a fix for this coming in 4.8 when its released (I see you have beta versions available but I don't really feall like going beta at the moment) So I'll see if this being disabled fixes my OOM issue.  Fingers crossed. 

Ok so I think that my issue of not tracking was related to the HA Proxy stuff.  I just turned on my CF Tunnels to point back to the emby server and now things are tracking like they should.

• Like 1

thefuzz4

ok so while it does track my phone it doesn't track from my TVs.  Still trying to figure out what could be blocking that. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
thefuzz4

hey there @Lukesorry I didn't see my notification that you responded.  Yes I'm still having an issue with this with Android TVs(I can't say about any other platform because I moved all of my TVs to Android last year) I can watch whatever I want, but nothing is ever reported back to the Emby Dashboard that I'm watching something.  I can try and mark it as played, no history of where I left off at so everything starts back over at the beginning.  Its weird.  My phone reports in just fine, its just the TVs that have the issue. 

thefuzz4

yeah I can give that a whirl.  Been a long time since I've sideloaded but I think I can just use a browser on the TV and d/l the app and install it direct that way. Any idea what platform a TV runs on?  

3 minutes ago, thefuzz4 said:

yeah I can give that a whirl.  Been a long time since I've sideloaded but I think I can just use a browser on the TV and d/l the app and install it direct that way. Any idea what platform a TV runs on?  

armv7 should work for you. Thanks.

thefuzz4

Well what do you know.  This works
image.png.e64027fa7df494a8e50f2112988616c2.png

Now I need to go sideload this on the rest of my tv's lol.  This app actually looks nicer than the one from the playstore. 

• Thanks 1