Emby Theater Live TV Playback Problem on Windows Server

HVACPRO

I have a Windows machine for my Emby server Version 4.7.14.0 that has Live TV using a HDHomerun tuner that has been working for a couple of years.  I have been using both the Web Browser interface and the Theater app to watch the live TV programming on several Windows machines and also an android smart phone.  But now I notice if I try to watch Live TV using the Theater app on the server machine, the app does not produce any video.  It seems to work at first as I get the momentary revolving circle as the tuner starts, but the video never starts.  Everything works ok using the Web browserembyserver.txtinterface.  The problem on occurs on the server machine.  Everything works good as long as I'm not trying to watch Live TV on the server.

image.jpeg

17 hours ago, generiq said:

Follow the instructions I gave in this post 

My issue is somewhat different.  Recordings play ok, it is Live TV that is not working.  However, I did use that advice to check on the sound setting for the PC and somehow the audio output had changed from the SPIDF output (to a sound bar) to the Speakers (which don't exist).  But still does not explain why Recordings (and everything else) played but only Live TV failed.  Thanks for the tip.

generiq
53 minutes ago, HVACPRO said:

My issue is somewhat different.  Recordings play ok, it is Live TV that is not working.  However, I did use that advice to check on the sound setting for the PC and somehow the audio output had changed from the SPIDF output (to a sound bar) to the Speakers (which don't exist).  But still does not explain why Recordings (and everything else) played but only Live TV failed.  Thanks for the tip.

The instructions I gave are not specific to that other thread. Providing and mpv log could show why live TV isn't playing. Also, replacing mpv could fix the issue. Have you tried any of my suggestions?