Can not force transcode audio?

eldermen
Go to solution Solved by eldermen,

eldermen

Hello there is no option to force audio transcoding / downmix to stereo or whatever?

Why is that?

And on the android tv version downmix options exist but it cant display normal .srt subtitles for me for some unknown reason lol.

Both apps are bad :(

eldermen
13 hours ago, Luke said:

Curious, what is your use case for requiring downmixing?

The device doesnt support the audio format so there is no sound at all during playback.

But when forcing it to downmix or whatever to stereo it works just fine. (using android tv apk) I know its due to the device itself being very bad.

Sad thing is when i use android tv apk i get no subtitles working at all and its .SRT subtitles and doesnt work no matter the settings itself,

most likely due to the device if im honest, but the normal android apk works fine but as i said cant force it to transcode audio so then i have subtitles but no audio.

I know the device is to blame for all the issues, but the feature to downmix / force transcode audio would be a nice thing to have included in settings on normal emby android apk.

So in short : I would like the option to force transcode / downmix to stereo on normal android apk to being able to have proper playback on said device, since it are really struggling with audio formats in general, all the competitions apps work because they have this option. (< and i would like emby to have same basic feature for devices that struggle like 1 of my devices.)

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, eldermen said:

Sad thing is when i use android tv apk i get no subtitles working at all and its .SRT subtitles and doesnt work no matter the settings itself,

That's odd, as if there's hardly any format that should not cause issues - that would likely be external .srt subs. Have you ever reported your issue in the appropriate forum section and tried to get to the bottom of it? 

• Solution
eldermen
On 10/30/2023 at 8:02 AM, Luke said:

@eldermen

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

Turns out the real reason behind no audio working on the normal emby android version is because the stupid device does not even support AC3.

But emby (normal android version) does transcode the audio to AC3 from EAC-3 but the box is not even capable of handling AC3. Guess thats why other media servers worked because they did transcode audio to opus, and why audio worked on the android tv version is because i mix down to stereo or maybe that app can handle more codecs in the software side?

Anyhow i dont have to deal with said device anymore, the family member running it now got a diff box from me that i know handles all the codecs just fine.

And the subtitles issue with the android tv version on said box seems to not only be a emby issue, tested with using external video players where some would work and some would not.

I think the device really just is E-waste lol.

• Thanks 1