Shared Network folder

Palones_Caballe

Palones_Caballe

Hello guys!

I have a problem than I´m not able to solve my myself.

I recently installed emby server on a chromecast with google tv. I have all the content I want to add on a western digital my cloud home connected to the same network and when I want to add a folder I am not able to add it correctly. I have tried with different paths:
\MYCLOUD-HEPMMD\my_cloud_2023Shared Movies.
smb://192.168.31.121/my_cloud_2023//Shared TV Shows
//192.168.31.110/my_cloud_2023//Shared TV Shows
Apparently nothing works. The my_cloud_home folder has a username and password  which makes me suspect it doesn't make the solution any easier.
Any help would be great.

Captura de pantalla (3).png

HI, the path in your screenshot looks correct for SMB, but the 4.7 server requires the share to be available anonymously over the network. Have you done that? It's probably just getting access denied.

Secondly, you don't need to repeat the same path in the optional shared network folder.

Palones_Caballe

I don´t know how to make available anonymously the share over the network. ¿Could you tell me how to do it?

Palones_Caballe

In a previous folder configuration when I installed a server on a raspberry with debian what I did was to mount the folders where I have the content in the same operating system. Is there any way to do the same in android?

As far as I know the Shield is the only android device has a mounting function. 

if you want to install the 4.8 beta server, it has added support for configuring smb credentials.

Palones_Caballe

I couldn´t install the beta version in the chromecast. I installed in my mobile but with including the credentials and the same path it shows the same error... What am i doing wrong? It might be any issue with samba? Shall I install something else in android?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2023 at 12:28 PM, Palones_Caballe said:

I couldn´t install the beta version in the chromecast. I installed in my mobile but with including the credentials and the same path it shows the same error... What am i doing wrong? It might be any issue with samba? Shall I install something else in android?

Hi @Palones_Caballewhat version number did you try?

Palones_Caballe

I installed the version 4.8.0.58 in my chromecast finally but still the same error. I can introduce the credentials but once I put them with the right path and user/password the message is next: "There was an error adding the media path. Please make sure that the path is valid and that the Emby server process has access to that location".

Captura de pantalla (4).png