Question About Conversion Feature

zer0ish
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

zer0ish

I use official emby docker in unraid, no issues.

I went through converting all my media to chromecast friendly formats using the built in emby conversion feature.

I completed all the movies and tv shows I had.
But now the issue is that when I click the 3 dots to remove downloads. Then re-add the Movies and TV shows to get them to Auto convert when new media is added, it still shows some of the already converted Movies and TV shows. As seen in this capture, 4 movies and 917 episode that are all marked as Downloaded come back instead of just being 0 Items.
Even going into it to remove each one then starting the process over, they come back.

Is there something that is missing for this to just be 0 Items? I've ran all the tasks manually to rescan and they still show up.

image.png.964825b3b7e7644e2e52e972bc34c864.png

Thanks.

HI, pretend the word Downloaded is actually Converted, because that's actually just a typo on that screen, and that is resolved in the upcoming 4.8 server release.

But now the issue is that when I click the 3 dots to remove downloads. Then re-add the Movies and TV shows to get them to Auto convert when new media is added, it still shows some of the already converted Movies and TV shows.

HI, you don't need to do this. Just create the job once and leave it there.

I don't really understand the problem though. Is a conversion not happening? Or is this just about those numbers?

zer0ish

Is there is reason why only 4 out of the 200+ movies show up in the list after I remove the whole thing then re-add it?
Same for tv shows only 917 out of the 2000+ episodes I have.

The issue or question is just why do these ones stay when I click the remove downloaded and other go away.
What determines why these 4 movies are still there when the others aren't? 

It's just strange and makes me think there is a bigger problem(might not be but still in the back of my mind).

zer0ish

Or maybe make it a feature request that, once the conversion is complete, it removes them from the list.
Or have a button to select all that have been converted then remove them to tidy it up.

1 hour ago, zer0ish said:

Is there is reason why only 4 out of the 200+ movies show up in the list after I remove the whole thing then re-add it?

Yes. It's only going to convert files that don't already match the target criteria that you specify.

So for example if you have a folder of 2000 movies and you say convert them to mp4 4 mbps, and they're already mp4 under 4 mpbs, then it won't do anything.

zer0ish

I convert everything to mkv 10mbps, the tv shows will usually stay the same if they are at that size or smaller.
And if I have some x265 videos, they convert to x264.

This would all be fine to stay the same but when I look into it, I have to scroll all the way to the bottom to see what the progress is, and if there are failed conversions.
When I go all the way down, the scroll marker as seen in red disappears off the screen making me need to use the scroll wheel which can take a long time with allot of tv shows.
image.png.dae559ae6bc39e3b3b2e6c4170b51be5.png

As you can see it's disappeared far bellow the Save:
image.png.65150b71bfca2b5e0626d891a3591e4c.png

Would it be possible to invert the Items list to have the newest items show at the top instead of the bottom? 

• Solution

It's a queue though, so I think it makes sense to display in the order that they will be processed.