Faster removal of tuner/playlist

enqbcvqw

enqbcvqw

Hello,

I had a very large m3u playlist with an even larger epg that was causing very bad performance issues on emby while it was being refreshed. I'm trying to trim that down so I removed both the guide and the playlist. After doing that, I'm seeing a lot of these messages in the log:

Info SqliteItemRepository: Deleting directory /config/metadata/livetv/188f34ff7b5f025afe2b9ff2fd055a9b/metadata

It's taking a very long time to remove all those items. If I look at the config path, there are over 30,000 items waiting to be deleted.

$ find /opt/emby/metadata/livetv/ | wc -l

Is there any way to speed that up? Performance is quite bad while this is happening, with content failing to load and lots of buffering when it does.

Thanks

Chillout

A work-around many of us are using is a 3rd party tool to organize the channel and epg listing so Emby only brings in only channels you want, greatly reducing the size and improving speed of managing channels within the Emby.

One such popular program is https://iptvboss.pro/ .  The free version lets you configure up to two different providers.