Copying old Emby files to new install.

Nesrail

Hello.

I tried looking through the forum but I couldn't find anything so I hope you guys can help.

I recently reinstalled Emby on my NAS and I tried copying my old files to the new Emby, most importantly metadata and movies/shows I edited in Emby. I tried transfering the metadata folder and the library.db file, but it just starts normally, meaning the quickstart wizard/guide. I also tried transfering the data folder but then I can't connect.

Any hints?

Hi.

I tried this:

cp -r /volume2/'Disk 02'/var/packages/EmbyServer/conf /var/packages/EmbyServer
cp -r /volume2/'Disk 02'/var/packages/EmbyServer/scripts /var/packages/EmbyServer
cp -r /volume2/'Disk 02'/var/packages/EmbyServer/etc /volume1/@appconf/EmbyServer
cp -r /volume2/'Disk 02'/var/packages/EmbyServer/share /volume1/@appshare/EmbyServer
cp -r /volume2/'Disk 02'/var/packages/EmbyServer/target /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer
cp -r /volume2/'Disk 02'/var/packages/EmbyServer/tmp /volume1/@apptemp/EmbyServer
cp -r /volume2/'Disk 02'/var/packages/EmbyServer/var /volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer

Volume2 is where I have the backup, or at least everything I have on the old emby. Now I can connect but Emby starts a fresh startup, with the language settings and all that.

It looks like you actually copied the server installation files. I would not suggest doing this, and in fact, having never tested this before, I don't know what will happen. 

My suggestion would be to install Emby Server onto the new NAS, and then only copy the data folder from the old one:

Emby Server Data Folder