MacOS app will not stream many transcoded videos

Uncrushed2818

Uncrushed2818

I am a recent Plex convert. My Plex environment was fully functional, including hardware transcoding, so I know all of the drivers etc. are configured correctly. I am subscribed to Premier.

What I'm seeing is that I can browse all media normally using a web browser. I can start transcoded streams just fine from within my browser, switch between stream profiles, and see in the server that transcoding is happening normally.

However, many transcoded videos simply refuse to play using the MacOS app (v.2.2.13). If I start the stream, it will spin for a while and load a blank, black screen. No media starts playing. If I max out the quality settings so that I get a direct stream, the video will play.

This still happens even if I switch over to software transcoding, so I don't think it's a hardware vs. software issue.

Logs attached. I am running through a reverse proxy.

ffmpeg-transcode-a6101a69-5bc3-4733-b505-987a6578c760_1.txt embyserver.txt

Edited by Uncrushed2818
Update attachments

Uncrushed2818

Also of brief note, I further anonymized the logs so that my domain & user details weren't exposed. So when it says "example.com" in the logs, it's not an error, it's just what I replaced my real domain with.

• 2 weeks later...