feature idea - "Media Info" for music

metropical

metropical

may be with any platform for the server.

when one clicks a film or TV show, there is "Media info" available.  Among other info, it gives the full path to the media.

This would be a handy feature for the Music side as well.  I know you can get there from the 3 dot/edit metadata.  But it were at the 1st screen.

Unless I missed it, which wouldn't be the 1st time.

Hi, this will be in the 3-dot menu in the upcoming 4.8 server release, similar to the new View Song Credits feature in Apple Music, we'll have an info icon in the context menu to allow you to get to the detail screen for a song.

metropical

yet another reason to update my host computer, unless you think that 4.8 might work with High Sierra 10.13?

aaaahhhh, come to think of it, in a related unrelated question.

Could I run the server on my modern mini 2018 Monterey, but access LAN'd media drives (all attached to an unmanaged switch) that are on the MacPro3,1 High Sierra where the server app runs now?

metropical

Darn the Luck ! ! !

but.

Could I run the server on my modern mini 2018 Monterey, but access LAN'd media drives (all attached to an unmanaged switch) that are on the MacPro3,1 High Sierra where the server app runs now?

We actually have 10.14 listed on our website as the min required version, but now that I compare to .NET's documentation that looks like a misprint and it should be 10.15.

Either that or back when we updated to .NET 6 we got lucky and it still ran on 10.14. Unfortunately I just don't remember.

I would think that would be fine.

metropical

I did change the server to the 2018 mini and used the cMP3,1 as the source for the shared drives.  Works seamlessly.

Though I have a question posted in a new thread related to the move.

• Thanks 1