Playback Error - skip to the next episode automatically

El_Cookie

El_Cookie

Hello everyone,

I would like to report a problem with Emby Web app. I have deactivated the option "Allow changing of container formats, if necessary, during media playback". So automatically the playback won't work via the web browser because it wants to switch to HLS. So far so good.

But when I launch a playback on Web App it gives me the error message and when I click on "OK", it automatically moves on to the next episode and continues endlessly.

I've checked the "Play next episode automatically" option and it's not activated.

This causes a problem with the episode tracking, the "continue watching" section becomes distorted.

I don't know if I've made myself clear, ask me questions if necessary.

To make this problem appear, simply disable the transcoding option "Allow changing of container formats" for the user and launch an episode via the browser.

GrimReaper
5 minutes ago, El_Cookie said:

I have deactivated the option "Allow changing of container formats, if necessary, during media playback"

Out of curiosity, why would you disable that in the first place - and then try to play that item in the Web browser, which are notoriously bad in various formats supported? Container swap has minor impact on server resources, what is your ultimate goal? 

Edited by GrimReaper

Also what did you click play on? If you click play on the series, then it will advance through the episodes regardless of the option. 

El_Cookie

Hello,

16 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Out of curiosity, why would you disable that in the first place - and then try to play that item in the Web browser, which are notoriously bad in various formats supported? Container swap has minor impact on server resources, what is your ultimate goal? 

It's purely strategic to force my users not to be able to use it on the browser.  That's why I tried to see if the blocking worked and I noticed this.As some of my users don't want to pay to access my emby server, I've put some restrictions in place for them.

12 hours ago, Luke said:

Also what did you click play on? If you click play on the series, then it will advance through the episodes regardless of the option. 

Wouldn't the normal behavior be for playback to stop on this episode if a problem is encountered ?
The problem is that if it encounters a playback error on episode 1 it goes straight to episode 2, encounters an error on this episode and goes on to episode 3 without being able to stop it.

I don't want him to behave this way, what should I do?

GrimReaper

I don't want him to behave this way, what should I do?

Don't press play on Series or Season level? 

Wouldn't the normal behavior be for playback to stop on this episode if a problem is encountered ?

No, because clicking Play on Series (or Season) level queues all subsequent episodes (basically creates a playlist) and plays them in order, as that's the command you've actually given. 

El_Cookie
8 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Don't press play on Series or Season level?

As in the video, I press play on the episode level.

9 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

No, because clicking Play on Series (or Season) level queues all subsequent episodes (basically creates a playlist) and plays them in order, as that's the command you've actually given. 

I can understand that reaction.
But if an error is encountered when playing an episode, logically you wouldn't want to watch the next episode.  Am I wrong?
In my opinion, it would be good if it stopped or suggested that we continue in the playlist or stop.

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, El_Cookie said:

or suggested that we continue in the playlist or stop.

That would make sense, yes. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
El_Cookie

Hello,

How do I proceed with a request to add a feature to future version of the application ?

I'm not sure if this could be considered a feature request or just a correction.

Thank you for your feedback

On 11/10/2023 at 8:29 AM, El_Cookie said:

Hello,

How do I proceed with a request to add a feature to future version of the application ?

I'm not sure if this could be considered a feature request or just a correction.

Thank you for your feedback

Re: