iOS and Fire TV support

b0dhi

Hello,

I purchased the $5 unlock on both my iOS device and Fire TV. Fire TV keeps asking me to pay for the unlock. Does this take some time to go through? It seemed near instant on iOS.

• 1 month later...

HI I too have an issue with my Firestick.

Got the server up and running pot an old Mac mini no probs. Downloaded the iPhone app paid the $5 to unlock it and its sweet.

However, the app wouldn't download from the Android app store onto my firestick. So i sideloaded it with instructions from Firesticktricks. It loaded ok and i can access all the files no prob. But i get the message that the free trial will expire on Dec 8th.  The unlock app function doesn't work on the firestick, not sure if because how I installed it?

So my question is how do i unlock the firestick?

Its possibly firestick email login address is different to my Emby acc does that matter??

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Si1970 said:

The unlock app function doesn't work on the firestick,

Hi.  You purchased the iOS app, not the Fire stick app.  That money went to Apple but Amazon wants theirs too.

1 hour ago, Si1970 said:

So my question is how do i unlock the firestick?

There is an option in your user menu to purchase the unlock from Amazon.

Hi ebr,

Thanks for your reply, i don't mind paying another $5 to unlock, but the unlock app button on the firestick doesn't work either. Ive already tried that.

I have also deleted and reinstalled on the firestick, with no joy.

vdatanet
2 hours ago, Si1970 said:

However, the app wouldn't download from the Android app store onto my firestick. So i sideloaded it with instructions from Firesticktricks.

What version did you sideload? Android or Android TV?

If you want to purchase the unlock, it is only possible with the Android TV version. 

If you are trying to install the Android TV application from the store and it won't let you, something must be wrong.

3 hours ago, Si1970 said:

However, the app wouldn't download from the Android app store onto my firestick

I don't believe you can purchase an in-app product unless the app is installed via the store.  Why wouldn't it install that way for you?  What happened?

tried to download it, but wouldn't install. However Ive just read i need to sync the firestick, so ill try that. Ill delete the other version and try again.

But i'm still lost as to where to go to/how unlock it for a fire stick. Cant find the Amazon option in any drop down lists. Only the unlock option on the fiorestick that doesn't work as you have said..

OK, update.........

Got it sorted. Turns out the side loaded version was the issue I'd say. I deleted it and reinstalled the version from the app store on the firestick directly. Then after I synced the content, it was there. (I didn't do that previously) With this version, the drop down menu appeared and gave me the option to purchase the unlock. For some reason the drop down list didn't work on the side loaded version. Paid my $5  and she's all good. Trial period is gone.

Thanks so much for your help.

• Thanks 2