Fetching Program Description Using Program ID with Emby API

ssg99si

I'm currently working with the Emby API to automate some tasks related to TV schedules. I've been able to fetch the programs for a specific channel using the /emby/LiveTv/Programs endpoint, and I can see each program has a unique ProgramID. 

I'm trying to fetch the description for each program using the ProgramID. I attempted to use the /emby/LiveTv/EPG endpoint to get the EPG for the channel and match programs by their ProgramID but I can't seem to find the program description.  

Could anyone guide me on the best way to fetch the description for a program using its ProgramID? Am I missing something or using the wrong endpoint?

Using python if that helps, thanks

HI, try adding Fields=Overview to your query string and that will attach the description to each program.

I feel like I have this wrong still or I'm missing a setting or something, I'm using swagger to generate the request URL:

https://emby.gooseflix.io/emby/LiveTv/EPG?Fields=Overview&ChannelIds=23555977&api_key={my_api_key}

I put that in the browser and the results it spits out is the EPG from every channel, still missing the program description. Shouldn't that filter the data to only show information for that channel ID? Attached a screenshot of what I put in swagger

2023-10-23_13-35-49.png

OK for the epg endpoint, Fields corresponds to the channel fields, so try that with ProgramFields instead.