TrueNAS SCALE: Hardware assisted transcoding with emby

voodoo5_6k
Go to solution Solved by voodoo5_6k,

voodoo5_6k

Hi there,

I've been running emby on TrueNAS SCALE (22.12.4.2) for a while now, and on a Dune HD Pro Vision 4K Solo as a client (Android TV application, with the Dune's internal player as external player for emby). Now, I wanted to set up hardware assisted transcoding within emby. However, I don't get it to work.

The integrated GPU of my Xeon is available for resource reservation (see screenshot), but within emby, hardware detection fails (see logs) and under Transcoding, nothing is shown when selecting Advanced (see screenshot). I've read that the required intel driver is included with emby. But obviously, I seem to be missing something. Maybe someone running this under TrueNAS SCALE knows what in regard to additional configuration is required.

Thanks in advance!

PS: This is more out of curiosity and because the hardware and my emby Premiere allows me to do it- I currently don't need it. But still I'd like to get it working.

allocate gpu.png

transcoding.png

embyserver.txt hardware_detection-63833588101.txt

voodoo5_6k

Hi,

I'm currently running (4.7.14.0_1.0.29) on TrueNAS SCALE 22.12.4.2 and somehow, the integrated GPU cannot be opened by emby, although it is available for selection in the TrueNAS config (so, BIOS settings etc.pp. should be fine). I also added gidlist=44,107 for groups video and render, but no dice. I had also tested with user bin being a member of groups video & render, but again, to no avail.

Has anybody seen this recently?

PS: I had created a separate thread because I hadn't found this one. My bad, sorry.

PPS: Could this thread be "pinned" for easier access?

embyserver.txt hardware_detection-63833725082.txt

voodoo5_6k

Just found the TrueNAS SCALE thread and posted the question/issue there. This here could be closed, I guess. But maybe the TrueNAS SCALE thread should be "pinned"?