Media Remote Stops Working

hukt_own_fonikz

hukt_own_fonikz

Rii MX3 Multifunction 2.4G Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard & Infrared Remote Control & 3-Gyro + 3-Gsensor for Google Android TV/Box, IPTV, HTPC, Windows, MAC OS, PS3

https://a.co/d/gbn0S6H

I've had this remote for a while, it worked great on my Pi3 with OpenElec/Kodi/Emby for Kodi. But on my Pi4 with PiOS Bookworm/Emby Theater, it keeps losing control until I activate the mouse function and click the home button. It seems to happen only when I'm in a TV series, and hit the back button to go up a level, but not every time. The left side bar menu will open and then close very quickly, and then it loses most controls until I activate the motion controlled mouse and click home. Clicking the background to make sure Emby has focus does not help.

Edited by hukt_own_fonikz

hukt_own_fonikz

Just played an episode, afterwards most of the controls seem to work except back, home, and escape. Arrow keys work, select/enter work. Volume works, I just can't go back or home without the mouse.

hukt_own_fonikz

Another thing I've noticed is that the back button will also register as two presses. I tried Unified Remote also, to see if the problem was there also, but using evtest, I got these results. Pressing back on my Rii media remote, registers twice but evtest only shows one press:

Event: time 1697993047.727564, type 4 (EV_MSC), code 4 (MSC_SCAN), value c0224
Event: time 1697993047.727564, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 158 (KEY_BACK), value 1
Event: time 1697993047.727564, -------------- SYN_REPORT ------------
Event: time 1697993047.871625, type 4 (EV_MSC), code 4 (MSC_SCAN), value c0224
Event: time 1697993047.871625, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 158 (KEY_BACK), value 0
Event: time 1697993047.871625, -------------- SYN_REPORT ------------

Pressing back on UR, registers once as expected, also only shows one press, but differently:

Event: time 1697993152.942506, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 14 (KEY_BACKSPACE), value 1
Event: time 1697993152.942506, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 14 (KEY_BACKSPACE), value 0
Event: time 1697993152.942506, -------------- SYN_REPORT ------------

hukt_own_fonikz

Bump, any advice? The double-back seems to break Emby at some point and it's still somewhat responsive but there's no way to get back to the home menu. I'll get stuck on a series page where the only way out is to go into a specific video page and then the side menu will appear.

hukt_own_fonikz

I don't have a Windows box, but can confirm the same double-reaction happens on my desktop Ubuntu installation of Emby Theatre. I tested Emby in browser on my Desktop and while some buttons don't work (OK for example) if I get into a menu with a mouse, the Back button only goes back one menu, i.e. normal operation. I also have Kodi on my desktop and it only responds once per button press, also as expected.

• 4 months later...
hukt_own_fonikz

I gave up with the Pi4. Remote issue aside, Emby Theater just wouldn't play smoothly. I just went back to using the Pi3 with OpenELEC.