iocage/jails/emby-server/root/var/db/emby-server folder

cgcmgr

Hi all,

Quick question.  I was told to backup the iocage/jails/emby-server/root/var/db/emby-server folder incase anything happens to my Emby server, I can just create a new Jail, install Emby and copy this folder back and I'll be back in business.  I have been backing this folder up at least once a month so I don't lose too much in case my Jail dies for whatever reason.

I have posted about creating a second Emby server on my TRueNAS Core 13 NAS to have as a backup incase the primary server goers down.  I finally got around to doing it yesterday.  I have pointed this Emby server to my Media Dataset and most everything synced.  Of course, there is still a lot of manual Metadata changes I need to make in order to make the server an exact duplicate of the primary one.

My questions is, can I just copy the backed up emby-server folder that I created from the primary server to the same location on the new server?  Would that work and make the two servers identical?  Is there anything in the backed up emby-server folder that is specific to the primary server that would prevent it from working?  I'm guessing I can do this as that's the purpose of the backup.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Chris

Tried it and it worked.  Had to re-run my my permissions since both Emby servers have different permissions, but it worked.

• Thanks 1