All content and setting from Emby Server are deleted.

peterschmidler
Go to solution Solved by peterschmidler,

peterschmidler

I am using MacOsĀ 13.6 and today, when starting Emby Server it appears all empty and asked me to set it up from scratch.
Also the Emby-Server Icon is not shown up.

image.thumb.png.3095f96b5db55a8cf52feb31e5586321.png

• 3 weeks later...
peterschmidler

Can anyone help me debugging this issue, which keeps happening? I am a premium subscriber, so any support is included in that, right?

• Solution
peterschmidler

Now all reappeared. It's wierd... I keep on monitoring it closely, but close this issue for now...

Ā 

peterschmidler

I can narrow the problem down a little, now.

I am using the Emby App from the App store, where all content is displayed correctly. The same applies to all other clients I use at home, e.g. ios, android etc.

When I start Emby from the browser via the URL shown in the Settings of the Emby App, I am invidet to setup everything from scratch, which I didn't do as I fear to be forced to setup everything from scratch again.

On a side note, there are two more issues that I am facing, but not sure if it makes sense to file separate tickets now... 1. The Emby Server icon doesn't show up in the taskbar, and 2. the Emby app on Mac always crashes, when I enable subtitles, that are not embedded in the video.

image.thumb.png.0be4679ca51440d908e49c8d89c3b62e.png

image.thumb.png.9ee04f4d100917c3864d2c96683694c1.png

• 2 weeks later...
peterschmidler

Luke can you explain, why I can use the Emby App on iOS, MacOS and Android but not the Web-Version? When I launch it it wants to start from scratch!image.thumb.png.3ee248500a5c1f815bf6aa1528892a3c.png

@peterschmidlerthere are two possibilities: Either you somehow managed to get two simultaneous instances of the server running, or your server configuration file has been corrupted.

The latter is most likely what happened, and if that's true, then just stepping through the wizard should get you back in. Please see if that helps.