Emby Theater 3.0.20 playback problem

Padamada

Padamada

Hello,

Background: Reverse Proxy(Nginx) behind CloudFlare.

I had problems with playback on just EmbyTheater, I have tried several Windows 11 machines without success.

Tried to switch from Nginx to HAProxy, pause ClouFlare everything without success.

I wanted to try if the problem is on Linux version also but it worked without problems. Later I saw that on Linux is running version 3.0.19 then I manually downloaded same version on Windows and it is working. As soon as I switch to 3.0.20 I cannot playback behind reverse proxy with that version(direct connect to server is working with both versions) - just infinite loading screen.

*There is no error log on server neither on electron app. Both logs with 3.0.19 and 3.0.20 is same just the playback on 3.0.20 is not starting without error just infinite loading/buffering screen.

Padamada

Yes, even tried to reinstall nginx and tried several configurations even switched backend to HAproxy then back.

As last resort I tried both competitors which worked perfectly but I like Emby much more than those and using it for years.

Maybe it's something with my Windows 11 machines but Theater version 3.0.19 which I'm currently using is working just fine.  There are no errors nor anomalies in logs or whatever, just infinite loading screen on ver 3.0.20.

I have spent month or so after work and two weekends to solve it but without success. Just yesterday I have realized that the 3.0.19 is working fine.

Padamada

Okay, I have changed libmpv version and even 3.0.20 is working fine. Will try to trace the problem in future and why it is causing problems to me..

• 2 weeks later...
Padamada

Yup, I have checked it but I'm back at Nginx as I found it much more convenient for me.

For the time being it's problem just with Theater but replaced libmpv is working so it's okay for me.

• Thanks 1