issues to add folder path to new library

guill69f
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

guill69f

Hi,

after having created video libraries in Emby, i wanted to add my music folders. however the process of adding the paths where my music files are stored is not the easiest.

I have on my nas this type of file structure:

/volume1/music/Soundtracks

/volume1/music/Artists

The navigator only lets me navigate as far as /volume1/music/, then when i click on the music folder the navigator is reset. Same story when i add the network path manually (see screenshots). How can i get this solved, what do i do wrong? Thanks

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 09.17.09.png

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 09.10.44.png

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 09.20.08.png

• Solution

HI, we need to improve the error messages but it sounds like the server is being denied access to the folders. Have you taken a look at this?

• Thanks 1

guill69f

Thanks, this did the trick, i forgot the basics 😏

Actually I got a bit mislead because i have a local user called "EMBY__PKG___" (which i don't recall i ever created), and this one has the required permissions. So i didn't even checked for other emby users as system internal users in the dropdown list. Thanks again for helping here Luke.

I now have a few questions on the emby app not downloading some files, but that's another story, i'll look for answers on the forum first and i'll come back if i don't find what i am after.

Another thing on this topic: what is the Emby__PKG__ user? PKG = package? can i delete it without  damaging my emby install? I was thinking to remove all permissions from this user and see if this does any harm. If it doesn't, i'll delete it as a next step. any reason not to do this? thanks

Edited by guill69f

alucryd

Going to check on my unit tomorrow whether the mystery user is also created. It does not come from us, at least not intentionally, so it might either be a remnant from an old package if you've had emby installed on there for a long time, or it might be an automatic user creation from synology following the recent hardening updates. Will let you know if it's safe to delete.

guill69f
15 minutes ago, alucryd said:

No trace of that user here, you can safely delete it.

Cool, merci beaucoup 😉