Series Record working Mon-Thu but missing Fri live show

PeteD
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

I have a series recording (Big Brother UK) set to record New Episodes Only. It picks up on the pre-recorded shows broadcast Monday through Thursday but is not recording the Live broadcast on Friday.

Looking at the guide details, all episodes are tagged with New, the Friday is tagged with Live and New.

I can get it to record if I remove the 'Don't record episodes that are already in my library' option.

Could it be that the additional '- Live Eviction' after the S1:E18 is throwing things off? As this is a live broadcast, I can confirm that I don't have a previous recording for S1:E18 in my library.

image.thumb.png.29e04e0e49d7a599d3147e0936620b98.png

image.png

Hi, that's strange. Do you have this show in more than one tv library by any chance?

This is all based on episode numbers, so the server must think you have Big Brother S1 E18. The question is where does it think the other copy is.

Everything 'Big Brother' from a search. No other series in the TV Library or Recordings:

image.thumb.png.86bb103476b4cc9a5681ab33c034e494.png

I also used Reports to export all Episodes and then filtered on Series 'Big Brother':

image.thumb.png.9174848cf77088cefc1aa9188b329f50.png

If there's anything I can provide that may help find the underlying cause of this, just ask. It's not a big issue as I can work around it but if this is a bug that could affect others then I'm willing to help where I can.

• Solution

Could it be that the additional '- Live Eviction'

OK yes it is the episode title being reused, because it also checks on episode title due to guide data not always being complete.

So for this series you might just want to uncheck the box about not recording episodes already in the library.