Change library without moving files?

HDGuy

Is there a way to assign content to a different library without copying it to that specific library?

For example, I placed an anime title with a lot of episodes in my TV Shows folder. Rather than moving the show from TV Shows to Anime, it would so much easier if I could just assign it to the other Library.

If there isn’t a way to do this (I couldn’t find it) it would be a useful addition.

GrimReaper
32 minutes ago, HDGuy said:

Is there a way to assign content to a different library without copying it to that specific library?

For example, I placed an anime title with a lot of episodes in my TV Shows folder. Rather than moving the show from TV Shows to Anime, it would so much easier if I could just assign it to the other Library.

If you placed that anime title folder inside your TV shows root (folder that's set as your TV shows library path) then no, currently that ain't feasible. 

ginjaninja

I never used but i recall people using shortcuts....libraries are a collection of Paths.

If you want to abstract physical storage away from the library then  you might get some mileage out of short cuts , file system junction points, network shares as paths? Beyond that you perhaps would be looking at collections and playlists but thats probably no substitute for library functionality.