Can't switch emby from phone to my shield please help lol

michael99

GrimReaper

Sorry, not following, what do you mean by

28 minutes ago, michael99 said:

Started in emby account on my phone

Can you elaborate a bit what is the actual issue you're having? 

michael99

I started an emby account on my cell phone want to move it over to my Nvidia shield on my TV and it's not working. When I used to do it to Plex Yes I didn't want to say Plex but from my phone to my TV I would just put in a PIN number and it would automatically go over on this one it does not how do I get it to go on my Nvidia shield from my phone

GrimReaper

There's nothing to move over, you setup local user(s) on your server and can connect with same credentials from whichever device you want: cell phone, AndroidTV box, PC, Smart TV, whatever. 

michael99

On my embry screen on my shield it says sign in with connect it gives me a code I put the code in on the phone and it doesn't work

Where exactly did you put the code in on your phone? Why do you think it doesn't work? What exactly did you do? What exactly happened?

michael99

I started an enby account on my phone then I put it on my nividia shield then on the video it says enter the code and it gives me five numbers I put those numbers on my phone it says pin confirmed and then nothing happens

pwhodges
2 minutes ago, michael99 said:

I started an enby account on my phone

What do you mean by that?  Have you either (a) set up your own Emby server to connect to, or (b) been given access to someone else's Emby server, with instructions how to connect to it?

The Emby client is no use to you without a server to connect to - the Emby organisation doesn't provide such a server - they are software developers.

Paul

3 hours ago, michael99 said:

Ok so my brother gives me his emby

Did he give you instructions on how to connect to his server?

On 10/18/2023 at 2:38 PM, michael99 said:

It says pin confirmed and then nothing happens after that

Hi.  Did you press the "Next" button on the Shield app?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Pookeye

New to emby here,  still confused by this as well,  my iOS emby app is connected to a server a friend gave me and I’m able to see content no problem, but once I connect to emby via my nvidia shield no servers are displayed. So I added the url and port and then it says error connecting.    I’ll try side loading and see if that makes a difference 

mik8451

Could it be that the Device Access user setting on the server has been restricted by the server manager for a user to only allow a single device?

5 hours ago, Pookeye said:

but once I connect to emby via my nvidia shield no servers are displayed

Hi.  Exactly what are you doing here?

Pookeye

Sorry,  I’ll explain.

so I am probably just confused with emby connect,  

on my nvidia shield, I download emby and it asks for a pin and to go to emby url /pin. 

I go to url in my phone and sign in, and enter my pin , it says verified, and I click next on my shield.   

but that’s it, it says to select server or add manually the server that my someone shares with me.  I tried to use the url and port and it says error connecting.     But clearly it works fine on my phone and my fire tablet.  Where I connect and either add server or it already has my server information and I can begin watching content.  But for some reason can’t get nvidia shield to connect to the emby server.  

Hope this helps

So you are all set now?

What port number were you entering?