Can't search in Apple TV

dannicroax

dannicroax

Hey team

When using the search bar in Emby on an Apple TVK 4K (2021) Emby doesn't seem to register letters into the search box when selecting them with the remote. If I use my iPhone's remote keyboard then the letters are registered and I can search. Why can't I use the remote to select letters? I've tried the same functionality in other apps and it works fine in them.

20 hours ago, dannicroax said:

Hey team

When using the search bar in Emby on an Apple TVK 4K (2021) Emby doesn't seem to register letters into the search box when selecting them with the remote. If I use my iPhone's remote keyboard then the letters are registered and I can search. Why can't I use the remote to select letters? I've tried the same functionality in other apps and it works fine in them.

Has this worked for you previously, or has this been an issue for a while?  Which remote control are you using - the original Apple TV remote, or the TV's remote control?

dannicroax

I just started using Emby a week ago so no, this has never worked as far as I know during that short period.

I'm using the newest remote with the Apple TV 4K 2021 version. This works fine in other apps like Apple TV+, Plex and more.

17 hours ago, dannicroax said:

I just started using Emby a week ago so no, this has never worked as far as I know during that short period.

I'm using the newest remote with the Apple TV 4K 2021 version. This works fine in other apps like Apple TV+, Plex and more.

I can't think of any reason why this wouldn't work.  Do you still have the original 2021 remote?  Can you test that? 

dannicroax

Hey Sam

The original remote from 2021 is the newest one and the only one I have. Like I said, this works fine in other applications - would it help to get a video of the problem or anything else I can supply you with to debug this?

54 minutes ago, dannicroax said:

Hey Sam

The original remote from 2021 is the newest one and the only one I have. Like I said, this works fine in other applications - would it help to get a video of the problem or anything else I can supply you with to debug this?

Sure, a video would be good.  Thanks